Author Topic: Suppress Relationships still shows NoteLinks!  (Read 151 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Suppress Relationships still shows NoteLinks!
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:34:36 am »
If you unmark the Diagram Properties | Connectors | [ ] Show Relationships, the Relationships currently visible in the Diagram are suppressed.  However, this is NOT true for Notelinks - they are still visible!  While acknowledging that they may be implemented using a different technology, they are ALSO implemented as normal relationships.  Especially in the latter case, and particularly where stereotyped (and do NOT involve a Note item), they should be suppressed.

Reported,
Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Amicorum omnia communia
    • View Profile
Re: Suppress Relationships still shows NoteLinks!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:25:57 pm »
I've notice that too and agree.
The work around I did was to colour the relationship white so when I printed the diagram it didn't show.
The other thing I notice when disabling relationships was that certain shapes that provided the rectangle option which put the name label floating outside of the shape can't be moved when the show relationships box is unticked. For example the business actor in archimate 3 put the name underneath the shape and normally you can move it but when the relationships are not shown then can't move the name label anymore.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: Suppress Relationships still shows NoteLinks!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:46:51 am »
I've notice that too and agree.
The work around I did was to colour the relationship white so when I printed the diagram it didn't show.
The other thing I notice when disabling relationships was that certain shapes that provided the rectangle option which put the name label floating outside of the shape can't be moved when the show relationships box is unticked. For example the business actor in archimate 3 put the name underneath the shape and normally you can move it but when the relationships are not shown then can't move the name label anymore.
Ah... Label functionality leaves a lot to be desired.  But your observation is interesting!

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!