Author Topic: Relationship Matrix - hide empty "source"  (Read 432 times)

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
Relationship Matrix - hide empty "source"
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:54:42 am »
Can I create a relationship matrix where the rows displayed for source are only those where a relationship exists to one of the targets?

Alternatively can I only show source and target where a relationship exists?

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship Matrix - hide empty "source"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:04:28 am »
Or is there another way I can visually depict Archimate 3 Product serving Archimate 3 Business Actor, in a way that is useful to export out of EA into a Word document or an email.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:46:59 am »
Can I create a relationship matrix where the rows displayed for source are only those where a relationship exists to one of the targets?

Alternatively can I only show source and target where a relationship exists?
Just make the selection query MORE selective, only include those items with existing relationships.   But that's the "scenic" route, considering it should be a display option.

Pop in a Feature request!  It has my support!

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 11:22:53 am »
Just make the selection query MORE selective, only include those items with existing relationships.   But that's the "scenic" route, considering it should be a display option.

Well I already have to go and look in the Archimate MDG to find out what types to filter on.  I don't want to have to move my elements with relationships into different packages to the ones that don't.

The "customer" packages contain an actor for each agency who qualifies under a particular scheme, organised by agency type.  If I move them I ruin my list of qualifying agencies.  Qualification could be considered an attribute of customer but I have no need to model anyone who doesn't qualify so I'm happy that the package signifies qualifying.

Once they take up a service (product) I add the serving relationship.  Archimate doesn't allow for instances so by necessity I use the actor from the "scheme" portion of the model in the actualised portio of the model.

Quote from: Paolo F Cantoni
Pop in a Feature request!  It has my support!

I'll wait and see whether one of the Sparxians pops up with one of the "Do you know about this feature buried five steps down in this obscure menu".

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 05:45:26 pm »
As I mentioned elsewhere, we use a Tagged Value to determine if an object should appear on one profile or another.  Each profile gets an identifier, and that identifier is used as a tagged value.  We then can set the TV to true or false, and the item appears or disappears from the current rendering of the profile.  Works quite well.

HTH,
Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 07:40:31 am »
As I mentioned elsewhere, we use a Tagged Value to determine if an object should appear on one profile or another.  Each profile gets an identifier, and that identifier is used as a tagged value.  We then can set the TV to true or false, and the item appears or disappears from the current rendering of the profile.  Works quite well.

Hmmmm does anyone have a sample script to iterate through a package tree and add Tagged Values?