Author Topic: Virtual document problem - content of master document package included in doc  (Read 332 times)

Marc Vanstraelen

• EA User
    • View Profile
I'm setting up a virtual document to generate a document that contains the contents of two different packages, each generated with its own RTF template (via two model documents). The resulting document contains those as required. However, it also contains a section for the <<Master document>> package, listing the classes it contains, being the two model documents. Obviously this is not what I want to see, as these only serve to define the document structure and are not part of the content itself.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some option that I need to set? I'm using EA 12.1.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Have you set the RTF template tagged value on the virtual document?
That should be left empty

Geert

Marc Vanstraelen

• EA User
    • View Profile
Thanks Geert, that indeed solved it.

Marc Vanstraelen

• EA User
    • View Profile
I now noticed another small issue: although both sections use their associated template, the second part continues using the page header and footer from the first, even though in the template a different one is defined...

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
I think adding a section break should solve that.

But you do have a strange requirement. Why would you want to change header/footer in the middle of the document?
Usually it is the other way around.

Geert

Marc Vanstraelen

• EA User
    • View Profile
Well, in the footer I mention the template that is used to generate that (part of) the document, and in the header the type of content (e.g. Information Model). Which obviously is not the same across all parts of a virtual document. As long as we were working with a single template starting from the documented package, this wasn't an issue.