Author Topic: Re: Free: Pro Cloud Server Express (with WebEA)  (Read 249 times)

Uffe

• EA Practitioner
  • Flutes: 1; Clarinets: 1; Saxes: 5 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Free: Pro Cloud Server Express (with WebEA)
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:23:43 pm »
Hi all,

This is in reference to the offer posted in the Latest News thread. No speculation please, I'm after an official reply.

Quote from: Sparx
For registered users of Enterprise Architect Corporate (and above) with more than 5 current licenses, Sparx Systems will provide a license of Pro Cloud Server Express with WebEA.
  • Your licenses of Enterprise Architect must be current
  • The Pro Cloud Server Express licenses will match the Enterprise Architect license expiry date

I'm a little confused. Since this is described as an "offer", that implies that the offer won't be valid for ever (although there's no end date listed).

So my question is:
If I qualify and take this offer up, then subsequently renew my 5+ Corporate+ licenses, will the Pro Cloud Server Express license expire? In other words, is this a one-time offer?

Or should it be read to mean that the Pro Cloud Server Express comes free of charge for customers with 5+ Corporate+ licenses? Meaning that as long as I pay for 5+ yearly client renewals, my Pro Cloud Server Express will keep on keepin' on?

If so, how do I renew my Pro Cloud Server Express license?

/Uffe
My theories are always correct, just apply them to the right reality.

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:17:07 am »
Watching with interest :-)

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:43:15 am »
I don't think the people who can give official replies to questions like this are on the forum.

However, I can offer some insight as to how the Pro Cloud Server Express licenses expire and possibilities for renewal.

Unlike regular EA keys, the key you will receive specifies a date that it expires. From that date, the "pro" features of the cloud server will cease to operate. It will still serve as a cloud server to EA.

When you renew your EA licenses (assuming the deal is still valid) that would make you eligible to get a new license key for Pro Cloud Server Express. I don't know what the process is for this, but I suspect that it will still be a request to sales for manual handling. I'm sure if enough of you take up the offer and want renewals there will need to be some automation applied.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

TomO

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
  • EA - Bridging the gap between Business and IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:46:48 pm »
Hi Uffe,
You are correct - we have labeled it as an offer, however for the foreseeable future we will continue to offer and support the Pro Cloud Server Express.
The general rule of thumb is, if you have 5 or more  EACORP or above licenses that are in maintenance we will supply a Pro Cloud Server Express key to you that matches the EA maintenance expire date. If you renew sooner (say to co-term your licenses) then you are eligible to apply for a new PCS-Express license to match the new expiry.

To request a new PCS-Express license (or renew an existing one) you can use the following form:
http://sparxsystems.com/products/procloudserver/pcs-express.html#licenseoffer

Hope this helps!
--
Tom.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 06:10:49 pm »
Hi Uffe,
You are correct - we have labeled it as an offer, however for the foreseeable future we will continue to offer and support the Pro Cloud Server Express.
The general rule of thumb is, if you have 5 or more  EACORP or above licenses that are in maintenance we will supply a Pro Cloud Server Express key to you that matches the EA maintenance expire date. If you renew sooner (say to co-term your licenses) then you are eligible to apply for a new PCS-Express license to match the new expiry.

To request a new PCS-Express license (or renew an existing one) you can use the following form:
http://sparxsystems.com/products/procloudserver/pcs-express.html#licenseoffer

Hope this helps!
--
Tom.
Hi Tom,

What about Academic Licenses (such as for teaching institutions)?  Do they qualify as Corporate Licences?

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

TomO

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
  • EA - Bridging the gap between Business and IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 11:06:41 am »
Hi Paolo,
Yes the Corporate Academic and Educational Site Licenses qualify. :-)

--
Tom

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »
Hi Paolo,
Yes the Corporate Academic and Educational Site Licenses qualify. :-)

--
Tom
Excellent!  We'll be in touch!

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!