Author Topic: docGenerator & Diagrams with frame & diagram name in top left corner  (Read 99 times)

BruceTOGAF2

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
The following Sparx Jscript code prints a diagram into docGenerator.NewDocument.
generationSuccess = docGenerator.DocumentDiagram( currentDiagram.DiagramID, 0, "my_diagram_rtf_fragment");
In the saved RTF document there is no frame around the diagram and the name of the diagram is not in the top left corner.

If I save a Sparx diagram as an image then insert it into a Word document, then there is a frame around the diagram and the name of the diagram is in the top left corner.   If I copy a Sparx diagram to the clipboard then paste it into a Word document, then there is a frame around the diagram and the name of the diagram in the top left corner.

The Sparx automation interface does not produce a frame or name in the corner.  Is there a way to configure "my_diagram_rtf_fragment" so that there is a frame around the diagram and the name of the diagram in the top left corner?

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: docGenerator & Diagrams with frame & diagram name in top left corner
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:27:28 pm »
It's one of the general settings.
You can choose whether to include the frame in printed, saved, or copied diagrams.

Geert

BruceTOGAF2

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: docGenerator & Diagrams with frame & diagram name in top left corner
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:38:37 pm »
Thank you to Dermot (Sparx Systems Support) for providing the specific solution to problem with ‘docGenerator & Diagrams with frame & diagram name in top left corner’.  I did the following:
- Opened the Generate Documentation dialog
- Unchecked the option "Hide Diagram Borders". 

The following Sparx Jscript code prints a diagram into docGenerator.NewDocument:
docGenerator.DocumentDiagram( currentDiagram.DiagramID, 0, "my_diagram_rtf_fragment");
The borders do now do appear in my RTF report. Excellent result!