Author Topic: Diagram Memory - Recently Closed Diagrams  (Read 319 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Diagram Memory - Recently Closed Diagrams
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »
In most application programs there is a Recently Used list of things.  EA provides such for the last so many Repositories (or Shortcuts) opened.

With enterprise-wide repositories, you often open diagrams from "all over the place".  We also have a lot of diagrams open simultaneously.  EA provides a dropdown list of currently opened diagrams.

It would be REALLY cool if an additional sub-menu "Recently Closed Diagrams" were added so that as you close a diagram, it would move to that sub-menu and allow you to re-open it easily (rather than having to traverse a (probably quite deep) hierarchy to get to the diagram in the browser.  As with the Open Diagrams list, at this stage, it need not survive a session.

Thoughts?

Reported,
Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
Re: Diagram Memory - Recently Closed Diagrams
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:43 am »
Doesn't the Recent portal ('window' icon on the Start Page) do that for you?
Best Regards, Roy

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:13:58 pm »
Doesn't the Recent portal ('window' icon on the Start Page) do that for you?
No Roy, it doesn't (if you mean the Recent files list on the left-hand side of the Start Page)

But you don't! You mean the assemblage of shapes to the right of the recent files list.  Which are quite cute, but have NO labels or tooltips to tell you what they do.  After clicking around for a few minutes (which I'll never get back! ::))  I discovered one which had the recent diagrams list.  I'll see if it does what I need it to do, but first impressions are that it's what I'm after.  So thanks for the pointer, but please make it more obvious!

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:42:32 pm »
But you don't! You mean the assemblage of shapes to the right of the recent files list.

If only those shapes came with tool tips :-)

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 02:14:51 pm »
If you press F1 on the Start Page, you get Help on the page and that explains what the icons are. Sadly, I am not in a position to pick up your suggestion and run with it, but the idea has been floated with the designers (in the past) and some compromises are in the pipeline.
Best Regards, Roy