Author Topic: wrong style for element notes  (Read 155 times)

fausto bertoli

• EA User
    • View Profile
wrong style for element notes
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:02:08 am »
I don't understand how and if it is possible to change the style for all the notes associated to elements, packages, diagrams etc within a generated document.
I realize that the standard style for notes is normal style let say times new roman + 10 size.
I tried  to change the note style within the used template but it doens't work
I read somewhere that the base style is derived from the cover template, but it is not clear how to change these styles...
even if I do not use any cover the problem is there
and even if i flag the checkbox : "use style defined in template for notes" nothing change.
Could you help?

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: wrong style for element notes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »
Fausto,

The best way to deal with this (and one that works) is to create a stylesheet and use that.

This way you only have to define the styles once and they get used in your entire document.

The only snag I found was the "normal" style, which wasn't behaving normally (pun intended). The only workaround I found was to create my own "myNormal" style and don't use the "normal" at all.

Geert

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
Fausto,

The best way to deal with this (and one that works) is to create a stylesheet and use that.

This way you only have to define the styles once and they get used in your entire document.

The only snag I found was the "normal" style, which wasn't behaving normally (pun intended). The only workaround I found was to create my own "myNormal" style and don't use the "normal" at all.

Geert
NOT using the "Normal" style is a lesson soon learned by ANY serious Word user.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

fausto bertoli

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:34 pm »
Geert, Paolo thanks a lot that solve the problem!
Ad majora