Author Topic: SysML: Convert SysML 1.4 block to SysML 1.3 block  (Read 215 times)

alexnt

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
SysML: Convert SysML 1.4 block to SysML 1.3 block
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:52:23 pm »
Hi,

I have question (maybe a tricky one).
We use SysML to model our system. In general we use SysML 1.3 elements. Now I have found out that one colleague used elements from the SysML 1.4 toolbox.
Is there a simple way to convert the SysML 1.4 elements to SysML 1.3 elements?

My first idea was to export the packages that contain the SysML 1.4 elements via XMI and to manually replace all occurrence of SysML 1.4 with SysML 1.3.
The problem with this solution is that (after I have imported the modified XMI-file) I have to rework many diagrams (replace all "old" SysML 1.4 elements with the "new" SysML 1.3 elements).
Does anybody know a smarter way?

Alex

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: SysML: Convert SysML 1.4 block to SysML 1.3 block
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:02:51 pm »
Have you check the sparx website/user manual?
There are upgrade scripts available for Archimate and BPMN IIRC, so there might be one for SysML as well.

Geert

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:04:46 pm »
The way you describe is probably the best one. Manual rework is needed in any case (even if you do changes directly in the database). Best is, you remove the unneeded MDGs from the EA distribution after installation, so it can not accidentally be turned on.

q.

alexnt

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:39:35 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply.

@Geert: Thanks for the scripting hint. There are SysML upgrade scripts available:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.5/model_domains/migrate_sysml_1_1_model_to_sys.html
Originally I wanted to downgrade the elements to SysML 1.4 but I think the upgrade to SysML 1.4 is also a acceptable. Hopefully that there are no "hidden features"  ;)

@qwerty: Yes, the unneeded MDGs have to be removed or at least disabled!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:49:39 am »
You should remove them so it's even more unlikely to have  them turn on accidentally (also all those MDGs you never want to have enabled).

q.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 09:14:45 am »
Originally I wanted to downgrade the elements to SysML 1.4 but I think the upgrade to SysML 1.4 is also a acceptable. Hopefully that there are no "hidden features"  ;)

Not much needs migrating from SysML 1.3 to 1.4. Unit and QuantityKind are now unstereotyped objects, defined by their classifier. Also View has changed from stereotyped Package to stereotyped Class, and Conform is now a stereotyped Generalization. There may also be one or two tagged values that changed names, I don't remember.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:17:17 am by KP »
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com