Author Topic: Odd QuickLink Issue  (Read 462 times)

nweller

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Odd QuickLink Issue
« on: October 27, 2016, 08:44:58 pm »
I am trying to use quicklinks in my MDG package and everything is looking good aside from one issue.

I have a connector that is an Aggregation.  When I create it from the tool box it is created properly and the arrowhead is where it should be.  This is due to a property (aggregation) in the connector being set to "shared".  When I create one using the quicklinks it has no arrow and the property is set to "none".

I have used the ArchiMate3 diagrams and they all work both from the toolbox and from the quicklinks, so this must be possible.  How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.
Neil

ADucci

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Odd QuickLink Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:31:27 pm »
It seems that composition kind of the connector is set in the definition of the connector.

I have tried to get quicklink to work with the ArchiMate_Aggregation connector, however if you notice, its actually an association connector with the composition kind attribute = "shared"

There is no way to set this via the quicklink options, it must to be defined under the profile for the connector definition, meaning that if you extend your custom connector type, you will be able to set it on your stereotype. Specifically, add a compositionKind attribute to the Association metaclass element.
See Sparx help for details:
http://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.5/modeling_tools/supportedattributes_2.html

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Odd QuickLink Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »
In general you should always use the Association meta-type.
The Aggregation meta-type is an ancient reminiscence of UML 1.x back when Association and Aggregation were still different metatypes.
Since (at least) UML 2.0 the Aggregation meta-type has been replaced by the Association meta-type using the AggregationKind property to distinguish between Aggregation, Composition or (normal) Association.

Geert