Author Topic: User without rights can delete connectors and their tags in locked package  (Read 86 times)

MrWappy

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hello,

If a user has locked a package that contains elements with connectors, which only connect the elements in the package, should it be possible for another user, who does not have any editing rights to these items be able to delete the connector and its tags?

The documentation (see http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.5/team_support/lockingpackages.html) clearly states
  • "You can set the lock on the entire contents"  and
  • it applies to "Elements and/or diagrams in the Package"

Hence, I had assumed that this applies to relationships that are solely within the package.
If not perhaps you can advise.

BTW: I understand that if the element has a relationship to an element, outside of the package for which the user has access rights is different.
FYI: Tests were done using EA V13 bld 1310, where different users are able to delete both the connector and its tags of of packages controlled and fully locked by other users.

I have also outlined my scenario and search for workarounds in another post (see - http://www.sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php/topic,38947.0.html)

In summary, can you confirm:
1. What the behaviour of EA should be? 
2. If the deletion is a feature of EA is their a recommended workaround to protect the integrity of our models?

Many thanks

Adrian

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: User without rights can delete connectors and their tags in locked package
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:43:52 am »
You know that an official bug report needs the form below in the Support/Bug report section be filled out.

q.

MrWappy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:17:05 am »
Hi qwerty
Thanks for pointing that out - will do.

Adrian

MrWappy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:08:08 pm »
Solved thanks to Simon reminding me of an option I missed!

"connectors will only be locked if the "Configure | Security > Manage > Apply Locks to Connectors" option is enabled."

Just reminds me there are so many things in EA!