Author Topic: Rectangle notation for Actors- Bug or feature?  (Read 85 times)

colin_e

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Rectangle notation for Actors- Bug or feature?
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:36:16 pm »
EA Version: 12.0.1215

According to the EA online help: "You can display various shaped elements, such as an Interface, Use Case or Actor, using rectangle notation. This displays the element as a rectangle, with an icon of the 'normal' shape in the top right-hand corner."

Now, when I try this, a Use Case or Interface behaves as expected (although rectangle notation is the default for Interfaces), but the rectangle notation for an actor is NOT a rectangle with the actor "stick man" in the corner as stated, but a rectangle with a stereotype in Guillemets (i'd add a screenshot here but it doesn't look as if the board supports image upload.

I think the stereotype notation is less clear, if for whatever reason you decide to use the rectangle notation for actors.

Is this a bug or a feature?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Rectangle notation for Actors- Bug or feature?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:31:54 am »
I'd say that it's a feature you see the icons. Basically the textual display is what is required. So that's correct this way. You might ask for a feature to show the stickman instead, or you write your own shape script.

q.

colin_e

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Rectangle notation for Actors- Bug or feature?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:47:02 am »
I'd say that it's a feature you see the icons. Basically the textual display is what is required. So that's correct this way. You might ask for a feature to show the stickman instead, or you write your own shape script.

q.

If that's the case, then I guess this represents a bug in the documentation (which is currently out of line with what EA actually does), and then possibly an enhancement request.