Author Topic: How get statistics from number of EA usages with key store  (Read 84 times)

steen.jensen@sll.se

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How get statistics from number of EA usages with key store
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:48:36 am »
Hi all EA modelers out there.

At my work we have 15 floating licenses i Shared Key store server and about 25 installed EA.
As owner of the EA system and all its infrastructure (DB-server, Key-store-server, Web publishing server and EA licenses) I whould like to get some statistics from the Key Store. I have asked Sparx support but they say I have to check the Key-Store logfiles my self.

Problem is that I donīt have access to the servers them self.
So I wonder if any of you have made any stand-alone script or a small program that reads the key-store log-files and makes the data usable??

I have no idea if I needs more licenses or if Iīm paying to much. (Sparx are missing the selling point here, stupid sales-dep)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Re: How get statistics from number of EA usages with key store
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:51:24 pm »
Hi,

I had the same query from a client a month ago and it was very easy to enable the set the right log level on the keystore server.
Really straightforward to set up and I could see some nice CSV details that could be consumed in a suitable third party tool.

Where Sparx let you generare the core log files, it's feasible to set up a custom tool that will provide access to those stats (an Excel file shared somewhere, a daily email notification, or a web interface with computed details). As it often happens, when a client has a specific need, it's most of the time possible to implement it through the API combined with a script, addin or third party tool. One has to appreciate that whilst Sparx EA includes numerous features, one cannot expect that its own top priorities must match the editor's.

As a final note I really disagree with your harsh comment.

Regards
Guillaume
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com | Automated tests for scripts & addins: www.eatests.com

Boron

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: How get statistics from number of EA usages with key store
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:51:51 pm »