Author Topic: Copying RTF Template Fragments from one .EAP file to another .EAP file  (Read 150 times)

BruceTOGAF2

• EA User
    • View Profile
I am trying to import RTF template Fragments and JScripts from source.EAP file into my target.EAP file.

In source.EAP I used Tools, Generate MDG Technology File.  In the MDG Technology Wizard I
•   included my Jscripts
•   included my RTF Template Fragments
•   saved the XML file to ‘my_path’.

In my target.EAP file I used Extensions, MDG Technologies, Advanced, Add, Add Path to point to ‘my_path’ containing the above-described XML file.

I am now able to see my JScripts (from the XML file) in the Scripting Window of my target.EAP file, but I cannot see my RTF Template Fragments in the Generate Documentation, Templates window.  I tried ‘Import Reference Data’, but that did not help.

Do you have any idea why I cannot see my RTF Template Fragments in the Generate Documentation, Templates window?

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Copying RTF Template Fragments from one .EAP file to another .EAP file
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:32:27 am »
They should show up in the resources tab under Document Generation | <MDG Name> | <Group Name> so they will not be in Document Generation | User Templates | <Group Name>

Geert

BruceTOGAF2

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:19:09 pm »
Sorry Geert.  I could not see the <Group Name>.  Phil has suggested another method which I have used successfully today. In EA Version 12, Reference Data Import/Export can be found in Project, Data Management, Export Reference Data. I used Export Reference Data to export my RTF Templates. Then I successfully Imported RTF Template Reference Data  into my target .EAP.   However I could not see any option to export scripts as Reference Data.

BruceTOGAF2

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:24 pm »
I have found 'Automation Scripts' as an other export option under Project, Data Management, Export Reference Data.  Both problems (RTF Templates and Automation Scripts) solved.  Thank you.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:20:48 pm »
You can of course transfer stuff with Export/Import reference data, but in order to get a grip on your deployment process I would strongly suggest to use MDG for this purpose, definitely for the templates.
Scripts are a bit trickier because of they will all end up in the same script group, and it is a bit of a hassle to get a script fragment to reference an MDG script.

Geert