Author Topic: Exclude connector type has no effect  (Read 351 times)

nxtControl

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Exclude connector type has no effect
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:56:44 am »
Hi,
I want to exclude connectors from the generated document (tried with specific "nested" type or even with all selected)
If i'm generating documentation and select connector types (Create Documentation > Exclude Filters > Exclue connector type) this has no effect for the generated document.

What do i need to do for excluding (specific types) connectors from the document?

Thanks ...

peterc

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Exclude connector type has no effect
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 12:22:30 am »
Are you using a "Defined Document" that you have created and "Auto Generate"? I have raised a bug report with Sparx that doing that the filters are not obeyed, with an acknowledgement that it will be fixed in a future release. They work fine if you first select from the Defined Document "Generate Document" and then "Generate".
If you have excluded all connectors then anything that you are reporting on in relation to connectors ought to have been filtered out.
I also seem to recall seeing some incorrect effects introduced on some of the version 13 beta releases in relation to document generation, but subsequently fixed after I reported them. So it might be worth trying a different version (either the latest or an older one depending on your current version) to see whether it behaves differently - it may be that you are correctly specifying the filter but it is not being obeyed in whichever version of EA you have installed.