Author Topic: Azure Installation  (Read 774 times)

relepper

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Azure Installation
« on: December 16, 2017, 06:50:05 am »
I am installing Pro Cloud Server Express on Azure.  I have configured a VM and Azure SQL Database and all is working well.  For this proof of concept on Azure, I am running EA Cloud Service only via HTTP and on default port of 804.  However, I have only been able to use our floating license using a local keystore file on the Azure VM.  I am not able to determine how to properly configure the KeyStore to link to the Keystore Server.  Iíve read all the documentation but am confused.

My questions are as follows:

1.   My understanding is the Keystore server is now embedded with the Pro Cloud Server Windows service.  Does the keystore server still listen on default port of 7770 or is it listening on the Cloud Server port of 804?
2.   The Keystore Document mentions the keystoreService.config file and parameters such as SERVER_PORT, AUTHMETHOD, AUTHMETHOD_OPTIONS, KEYSTORE_PATH, etc.  However, I have only two config files, SSCloudServices and ssksgroup and neither contains these parameters.  Where do I set them?
3.   For the Keystore server link, what is the proper syntax?
a.   In the ssksgroup config file, I created a group named Corporate with username of kforce.
b.   This does not work:  ssks://localhost:804?user=kforce
c.   This does not work:  ssks://localhost:7770?user=kforce
d.   What is the correct syntax?
4.   Also,  we have 20 floating licenses and I want all users to be able to grab a license from the Azure Keystore server running on the Azure VM when they connect from on-prem office or from home.  What would be the correct syntax for them when prompted to enter Keystore Server Address?

Thanks for assistance.

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Azure Installation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:05:47 am »
The keystore is still listed as coming soon.
https://www.sparxsystems.com/products/procloudserver/#coming-soon

It's currently available in the full pro cloud server, but the currently released versions of Enterprise Architect can't communicate with it because it only runs over https.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

Paul@IPA

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Azure Installation
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 01:19:24 pm »
Hi relepper
Here at IP Australia we are currently trialling Pro Cloud Server Express on Azure.
We have Ultimate licence and when we applied for Pro Cloud Server Express licence we were sent a document that explained how to install a licence key.  As follows
Once the installation is finished, open the Service folder within the Pro Cloud Server installation location, normally 'C:Program Files (x86)Sparx SystemsCloud ServicesService' on 64 bit machines. Open SSCloudServices.config file using a text editor with Administration privileges and add the supplied Pro Cloud Server key to the line containing LICENSE=. Save the changes.

Your registration key/s:

{.................................................}

The key above is used to register the Sparx Systems Pro Cloud Server Express.

No need for KeyStore

Paul