Author Topic: Misplaced cross references in generated DOC reports  (Read 504 times)

Rainer T.

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Misplaced cross references in generated DOC reports
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:17:06 am »
Hi all.

In our project we are generating the design documentation out of the EA model. This includes the diagrams as well as element notes.
The common structure is
- a package (defining a chapter)
- with a number of diagrams
- and their associated notes (providing the description).

From inside the notes we are using hyperlinks to other EA elements inside the generated document. EA generates bookmarks (like BKM_E9ED2510_1322_4B7D_B80F_226B067582B4) to be used as link targets. Unfortunatly, these bookmarks are placed at the end of some section. For example: If we add a hyperlink to a diagram, the link is placed bejond the diagram and also bejond the note associated with that diagram.

Is there a way to jump to a position just before the referenced element (in example above: the diagram)?

Thanks for your help
Rainer

Screwtape

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Misplaced cross references in generated DOC reports
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »
Hi Rainer,

I had a similar problem some time ago in this thread: http://www.sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php/topic,5905.msg127226.html#msg127226

I've stopped using the bookmarks, partly as I'm now using virtual documents instead of a script, and partly because something changed between EA11 and 12 which meant the bookmarks didn't work for referencing my sections anymore.

If you can't see why it isn't working for you, it might be worth trying to generate a minimum reproducible case and submitting a bug report.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Screwtape.
Screwtape