Author Topic: Using MS Access/Firebird DBMS Types in Database Builder with EA Sparx 13.5  (Read 361 times)

CTucker

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
I'm new to using EA Sprax.  I'm running the Corporate Edition release 13.5.1351.  I was trying to follow along with the Youtube tutorial called "Database Engineering with Enterprise Architect 12" and when it came to adding a DB Connection using the DBMS Type Firebird (as in the tutorial) or MS Access the DB Connection was created (without any displayed error) but the underlying DB file was not.  The tutorial says that the file will be created for you automatically by EA Sprax.  For me nothing happened.  So my questions is, is there anything that needs to be done as part of the EA Sprax installation to enable this feature?

CTucker

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Got a reply from Sparx support that fixed the Firebird DB issue,  Here is their reply in case anyone is interested i.e.:

"I found an issue…

You do not need to install Firebird separately – all the bits come with EA to do this – this will be fixed in the next update..
You may need to uninstall the FB bits you installed if you still have problems doing this – it all worked perfect for me without other files.

1. In Sparx Systems\EA\Firebird folder, copied fbembed.dll and renamed the copy to fbclient.dll.
2. In Database Builder Firebird data model, created a new DB connection.
3. Open DB Connection properties, selected Firebird file based database, clicked OK.
4. Selected a folder, typed in a file name, clicked Open.
5. Checked folder - fdb file was there."