Author Topic: MDG Technologies enable/disable/set active for alle users ?  (Read 81 times)

Svend Erik Nygaard

• EA User
  • Business Information Architect
    • View Profile
MDG Technologies enable/disable/set active for alle users ?
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:07:38 pm »
How do I administer enabling/disabling (and setting active) MDG Technologies for all users?
EA comes with a large bundle of MDG Technologies. I want to centrally disable a lot of these and set one of them as the active one. (preferably not for a specific model but for all clients)

Nizam

• EA User
  • Model Sharing - Simplified
    • View Profile
    • Professional Model Collaboration
Re: MDG Technologies enable/disable/set active for alle users ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:39:41 pm »
This is a registry setting MDG_TECHNOLOGY_STATUS under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sparx Systems\EA400\EA\OPTIONS],
you can package a .reg file along with the EA installer.

Uffe

• EA Practitioner
  • Flutes: 1; Clarinets: 1; Saxes: 5 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: MDG Technologies – enable/disable/set active for alle users …?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:37:01 pm »
Hej!

I want to centrally disable a lot of these and set one of them as the active one. (preferably not for a specific model but for all clients)

There's no way to do that within EA. Nizam's suggestion should work, but you need a way of managing the registry on the individual client machines. Just setting it up during installation won't prevent users from changing the set of MDG Technologies, so maybe create a launcher that sets up the registry and then starts EA.

Within EA, you can only specify MDG Technologies per project. But if you create your own base project and set the MDG Technologies you want in that, that should work.
A base project can be deployed as a resource that you tell users to use when starting a new project, or you can distribute it and overwrite the one (strictly speaking there are two, one .eap and one .feap) in the EA installation directory.

HTH,

/Uffe
My theories are always correct, just apply them to the right reality.

Nizam

• EA User
  • Model Sharing - Simplified
    • View Profile
    • Professional Model Collaboration
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 11:31:54 pm »
Hi Uffe
Base project is a good idea!. I've never thought 'cos its mostly established repositories that we assist in cleaning up or scaling up.

Nizam

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 09:47:19 am »
A base project can be deployed as a resource that you tell users to use when starting a new project, or you can distribute it and overwrite the one (strictly speaking there are two, one .eap and one .feap) in the EA installation directory.

Three! :)

There is now an .eapx (JET4) base model installed with EA.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com