Author Topic: Diagram image cut when using DocumentGenerator  (Read 637 times)

KristoferG

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Diagram image cut when using DocumentGenerator
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:24:31 pm »
Hi!

When I am using docGenerator.DocumentDiagram(...) the diagram image is in full size and "cut" if it does not fit the page (A4 Portrait). If I use the "Generate Documentation" dialog with the same template, the image is scaled to fit the page (adopting to A4 Portrait).

Is it possible to:
1) Use the diagram properties to insert the image on a page with the proper format? (preferable since we always set this to fit the diagram)
2) Scale to fit the page?

Screwtape

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Diagram image cut when using DocumentGenerator
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:00:40 pm »
Hi,

I'm afraid this doesn't help you, but I think it's a bug introduced in a recent upgrade, since it used to work fine for me, but I get the same issue now. I have to manually rescale all my diagrams after generating which is a real pain.

(To be fair - I'm using DocumentElement but it does the same thing with attached diagrams)

It may be worth raising a bug report.

Yours,

Screwtape.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:01:48 pm by Screwtape »
Screwtape

KristoferG

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 04:34:31 pm »
That's sad. :-(

Ideally, I want to generate the documentation together with our generation of HTML, and it is not tempting to edit each and every document each time we publish a new website (with 10+ diagrams).

It kind of defeat the purpose of having DocumentGenerator to automate the generation process, if we need to edit the document manually afterwards anyway. I hope they fix this soon.

/Kristofer

OpenIT Solutions

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 06:06:26 pm »
FYI ...I've reported this as a bug myself last week. Its been fixed, not sure which build it will go into however.

KristoferG

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:15:10 pm »
That's great to hear!