Author Topic: Thesis and UML  (Read 1707 times)

fwoolz

• EA User
  • We have met the enemy, and he is us.<Pogo, 1970>
    • View Profile
Thesis and UML
« on: December 11, 2002, 03:26:44 pm »
Hey,

I am working on my thesis and am going to attempt to build an industrial process control fieldbus gateway app from start to finish in UML using EA... (in fact, I've already started).  Would members of this forum have any interest in reviewing/critiquing the work as it proceeds?  Any input from others would be greatly appreciated and will, of course, receive full credit in the final document.

Thanks,
Fred Woolsey
fwsbcon@fwsbcon.com
Fred Woolsey
Interfleet Technology Inc.

Always be ready to laugh at yourself; that way, you beat everyone else to the punch.

jaimeglz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Thesis and UML
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 07:02:08 am »
Hi Fred,

I suggest you submit short postings to this forum on your theses' project roadmap, what techniques you are using, how does it relate to EA (or the CASE tool you are using), issues you encounter, how much time did each one of your tasks take... That way, we will all benefit from your experience.

Academic rules generally do not permit the circulation of a theses, except for those appointed to review it; but there is nothing wrong in discussing the issues (not the theses itself) in a public forum.

Jaime

fwoolz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 08:15:35 am »
Jaime,

I hear ya... although I tend to consider such academic rules as atavistic and contrary to academic freedom  8).  Anyway, thanks for the advice!  I had no intention of posting the thesis in this forum anyway- too big!  My idea was to e-mail it to folks interested in having a look at it.  I'll check with my school to see if they have a problem with that.  (I'm not looking for unauthorized help- my main thought [honestly!] was that it might be of interest and that criticism is [almost] always helpful.)

Cheers,
Fred Woolsey
Fred Woolsey

Always be ready to laugh at yourself; that way, you beat everyone else to the punch.

CJ

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 04:25:02 am »
G'day Fred,

Would you consider setting up a project/thesis web site instead of e-mailing?
Cheers and best regards.

fwoolz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 04:37:27 am »
Jason,

An excellent idea!  Assuming my school has no objections, I'll do just that and post the url in the forum.

Thanks,
Fred Woolsey
Fred Woolsey

Tom_Andries

• EA User
  • Unlearn you must.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2002, 05:25:44 am »
If I can be of any help, I'd gladly do so. Feel free to use whatever communication means seems most fit to your purposes and constraints.

Tom
Tom Andries
     Associate
Method Innovation

fwoolz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2002, 06:40:49 am »
Tom,

Thanks for the offer... and happy holidays!

Cheers and Best Regards,
Fred Woolsey
Fred Woolsey

Tom_Andries

• EA User
  • Unlearn you must.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2002, 08:52:52 pm »
Fred,

You're wellcome ! Happy holidays too, if you're thesis doesn't prevent it. Although, given the subject it shouldn't be a drag.

Enjoy !

Tom
Tom Andries
     Associate
Method Innovation