Author Topic: Suggestions about phases and versions  (Read 970 times)

felipe

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Suggestions about phases and versions
« on: February 24, 2003, 12:34:17 pm »
I'd like to know how to make and adequate use of the version and phase attribute of an element. I have a project with some use cases and I'm gonna implement some use cases first and some later. I don't want to show this project organization in my model (i.e. using packages with names like "version 0.5", "version 1.0"), I'd like to use the attribute phase or version of the elements but there isn't tools that helps me to separate the use cases in the mentioned steps. Some suggestions?

Thanks

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions about phases and versions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 07:33:44 am »
Hi Felipe,

One of the filters that can be applied is when generating RTF documentation. In the RTF generation dialog you will find filters for status and phase, not for version.

A more complex way of using the version information is by using the automation interface and program the filter yourself, butI guess that is not something you want to do.

I'm not sure if there are any other filters available. I'm also interested in further elaborations on the subject.

Greetings,
Tjerk

Nicholas Blumhardt

Re: Suggestions about phases and versions
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 10:27:54 pm »
Me too- interested, that is. I've just made a top-level post regarding the use of UP and EA together. I gather that this is what most people here are doing, but it seems to me that the default setup and layout of the tool is not UP-centric.

If you can share any tips regarding iteration planning or general model organisation to suit the UP, I'd be very grateful.

This might be one area in which the EA documentation itself could be improved?

Regards,
Nick