Author Topic: Derive sequence diagrams from robustness diagrams  (Read 1330 times)

nishith

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Derive sequence diagrams from robustness diagrams
« on: July 07, 2003, 11:45:45 pm »
Hi All,

Is it possible to automatically generate sequence diagrams from a corresponding robustness diagram?

Ideally, I would be able to generate a sequence diagram with all the objects from the RD listed across the top of the SD.

Secondly, how do I convert a robustness diagram object, such as a controller, into the class view, along with any methods that I have assigned during the sequence diagram phase?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nishith

kelly_sumrall

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Derive sequence diagrams from robustness diagr
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 06:34:23 am »
I don't know of a way to automate or transform a robustness diagram to an equivelant sequence diagram.  As I understand it, the robustness diagram is like a proof of concept, or a strating point to the more detailed sequence diagram.
You can however, change the robustness entities to entities of another class.  Just right click on the robustness object and select 'set Instance Classifier...' from the context menu.  This will bring up a dialog of available classes for you to choose.  This should get you started in your transformations.
Kelly Sumrall

Even though curiosity killed the cat, it still had eight lives left.