Author Topic: EA question  (Read 1564 times)

AZeitler

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
EA question
« on: July 28, 2003, 11:27:51 am »
hi,

i did reverse engineering with an existing C# application and one of the diagrams EA created is this one:

I was happy, that EA recognizes that CustomerContactPersonsCollection is an ArrayList. But how can i set this information by myself? I didn't find an option to set it manually.

regards,

Alex

pneutam

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: EA question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 05:26:45 pm »
Hi Alex,

When you reverse engineer files in EA, it brings in the classes declared in those files, and sets the reference to parent classes, but does not create anything for them.

A quick way of manually specifying inheritance in EA is by creating an "Inherit" relationship between two classes on a diagram.

Cheers,
Ben

AZeitler

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 11:55:31 pm »
thanks, but i also don't have a class i.e. "ArrayList" in my diagramm , so i would like to set the name of the inherited class into my class.

regards,

Alex

potterm

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 12:56:22 am »
Alex,

Right click on the class in your diagram, and select "Set Element Parent".  In the resulting dialog you can create a realisation link with any class you care to type in, even if it that class isn't defined in your model.  

If you launch this dialog for your CustomerContactPersonsCollection class, you'll see that EA has added a realisation link to the ArrayList class during the import.

Cheers,
Martin.

AZeitler

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 12:59:10 am »
Thank you, it works fine.

regards,

Alex
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 12:59:25 am by AZeitler »