Author Topic: UML Certification from OMG!  (Read 1645 times)

Javier

• EA User
  • Necessity is the mother of email
    • View Profile
UML Certification from OMG!
« on: August 08, 2003, 11:51:11 am »
It came to my attention that the Object Management Group, the sheperd of UML, is offering a certification in UML.  Exams are normally $200 USD but for a limited time you can get them for $80 USD.

The exams test your knowledge of UML in several different areas, and there are 3 levels that you can be certified in.

Check the information at:
http://www.omg.org/uml-certification/beta-test.htm
« Last Edit: August 08, 2003, 12:01:42 pm by Javier »
We must become the change we want to see.
- Ghandi

GaryWong

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: UML Certification from OMG!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 05:27:33 pm »
Javier,

FYI I wrote the Fundamentals (1st of three levels) exam yesterday.  It wasn't bad, although there seemed to be some material that wasn't on the 'Coverage Map' for the exam.  I originally thought that I had missed it when studying but upon review (after the exam), they seemed to have put some 'Professional level' material in the 'Fundamentals' exam.  Oh well, it's only a beta test so they'll probably iron out these issues by mid-November when the 'real' certification tests get offered.

On the plus side, I've learned some new bits (on 2.0) and stuff that I never actually knew about (unchanged from 1.4).  I stay in the Analysis phase so don't really see the detailed Design or Implementation notation very much.

cheers,
Gary