Author Topic: Problem with EA  (Read 796 times)

sayanmukherjee

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Problem with EA
« on: November 17, 2003, 05:36:02 am »
Hi,

I had drawn an Activity Diagram in an EA project. After creating it and saving it,
I closed the diagram and then I closed EA. Now I cannot get the diagram anywhere
in the project. The name appears correctly above the diagram area where
it says '... no current diagram...'. But I am unable to load it. It does not show
in the project browser also.

If I create an RTF report I am able to get the diagram in the .rtf file.

How can I open the diagram in the project? Please reply ASAP. It is very urgent.
If the diagram is lost, do let me know ASAP so that I can start redrawing it!

Regards

Sayan Mukherjee

Bruno.Cossi

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with EA
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 08:38:46 pm »
Hi,

the problem is that you have created the diagram right under the project node. If you created a package and the diagram underneath it, it would all be fine... when you create a diagram underneath a project node, it is visible in the proejct browser at first, but once you close the model and open it again, it does not appear at the tree.
Rest assure though that it IS still saved in the model. If you are using database (MySql, Oracle, SQL Server) repository, it is all much easier now... you can just find the diagram in a database table and manually move it to another package - it will suddenly appear in the tree... magic!
If you do not use database based repository, you may want to set one up, transfer the file with the model into it and then... see above.
Let me know if you need more help!

Bruno
http://wiki.eausergroup.org - WIKI for all things EA

Bruno.Cossi

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with EA
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 08:49:13 am »
I have just installed the new build (652) and seems like this bug is resolved - the invisibile page is visible now. Try that, it should help.
http://wiki.eausergroup.org - WIKI for all things EA