Author Topic: UML WITH J2EE  (Read 1433 times)

GaneshJI

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
UML WITH J2EE
« on: January 20, 2004, 04:51:12 am »
HI
I want to learn UML very much. But I dont have any facilities for that.
Now i have committed to a project in J2ee for my Post Graduate.

if Anybody could help me.

regards
Ganesh :)

Sean Kearon

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: UML WITH J2EE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 01:41:22 am »
The book UML Distilled by Martin Fowler may help.  There are some decent UML tutorials on the EA website, another interesting site is www.parlezuml.com.

JourneymanDave

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: UML WITH J2EE
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 12:26:51 pm »
Agree that Fowler's UML Distilled is an outstanding resource for UML first-timers and for reference thereafter.  I still refer to it regularly as a moderately-experienced UML modeler.  As well, you might want to review the UML whitepapers right on the Sparx site home page.  They are listed in the section labeled "Free UML Resources - White Papers", and are pretty good, if a bit brief.

Since you mentioned this is for a school project, I assume you're going to be graded on it, so I'll mention that you should make sure which version of the UML you'll be expected to use.  There are several differences that are noteworthy between  UML 1.x and 2.x, including a whole new (well, actually replacement) diagram type.  If you're using 2.x, make sure you use the Communication diagram, and NOT the Collaboration diagram.

Oh, and lastly, if you're just a glutton for punishment, or want to be absolutely adherent to the spec, you could download the official OMG spec papers.  Their link to these is http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/modeling_spec_catalog.htm