Author Topic: Object Flow  (Read 863 times)

alexander

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Object Flow
« on: March 16, 2005, 10:59:39 am »
This might been answered before, but i tried doing a search in the forums and couldn't find any answer:

Why does EA show the 'object flow' arrows with a solid line instead of a dashed line like the UML standards say?

I have found out that it is confusing for the diagram, especially in those activity diagrams where there are several object and control flow arrows.

thomaskilian

Re: Object Flow
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:14:29 am »
If you have the definition at hand please give the citation and Sparx will likely correct it  :)

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 02:19:26 pm »
UML 1.5 object flows were dashed lines. At UML 2.0 both object flows and control flows are solid lines and the only way to tell them apart visually is the fact that object flows have an object at one end (or object pins at both ends).

I have no idea why the notation changed between versions, but if you want a dashed line you could draw a dependency. It may not be strictly legal UML, but I won't tell on you ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 02:20:11 pm by KP »
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

alexander

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 05:42:41 am »
I just checked the 2.0 documents, you are right. The object flow is now a solid line... it sure makes things confusing now...
Well, anyways, thanks for the enlighment.

DanAX

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Control Flow
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 01:18:22 pm »
Where do I get the Control Flow..I've looked every connector don't see control flow but object flow. :'(

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Control Flow
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 01:44:02 pm »
Where do I get the Control Flow..I've looked every connector don't see control flow but object flow. :'(

It should be in the Activity toolbox.

If you can't see it there you may have to scroll the contents of the toolbox - there will be a down arrow next to the name of the toolbox below.

If you still can't find it, try changing the perspective to "All".

Still no luck, try View | Visual Layouts | Default Layout to restore your toolbox.

HTH
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

StefanPears

• EA User
  • Unwissenheit schützt vor Erkenntnis nicht
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 01:58:50 am »
.... or press CTRL, then right-mouse-click on an element in the diagram (activity in the toolbox must be open)
Stefan