Author Topic: UML 2 Superstructure Model  (Read 739 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
UML 2 Superstructure Model
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:57:26 pm »
Does anybody have an EA copy of the OMG UML superstructure model?

Is anyone else interested in such a beast?

I have obtained copies of the Rational Rose version and supporting files.  However,the Rose version I have is too old (2002).  The model imports, after a fashion (but with errors).  Since it won't validate, it won't export with the UNISYS XMI exporter.

Is there a kind soul who could take this model and covert it to EA?  Failing that, provide an XMI export?

Can Rational Software Architect read Rose models?

TIA,
Paolo
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:57:39 pm by PaoloFCantoni »
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: UML 2 Superstructure Model
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:52:58 pm »
There are Rose models and .cat files at OMG. I do not know of any reliable reader that produces XMI. I am also not inclined to acquire Rose for this purpose only.

I do know that some tools profess to both read Rose and write XMI - try the Eclipse UML tool. However, I've yet to find one that does not cllp for at some point.

The above notwithstanding, I've yet to try the Eclipse tool with the OMG files. I have not had a practical Eclipse impimentaton since before the OMG files were published, and the Rose compatibility came up since I took the configuration down.

Perhaps someone has experience with this. or could try the conversion through Eclipse.

David

EDIT: AFAIK without proof, it will understand the Rose files.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 07:54:43 pm by Midnight »
No, you can't have it!

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:02:29 pm »
There are Rose models and .cat files at OMG. I do not know of any reliable reader that produces XMI. I am also not inclined to acquire Rose for this purpose only..
They're the ones I'm talking about.

I've successfully round-tripped models from Rose to EA and vice versa, but they needed to be well formed.

If someone has Rose 2003 and the UNISYS XMI exporter Add-ins, that's all that's required (I think)

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

SF_lt

• EA User
  • The Truth Is Out There
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:42:11 am »

yeah, UML2 superstructure and infrastructure models in EA format would be nice - I would love to have a copy  ;)
registertm everything to SparX