Author Topic: Problems with RUP  (Read 607 times)

ycaballero

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Problems with RUP
« on: March 26, 2007, 04:48:43 am »
Hello Community, I where I have worked is on the tool Rational Case and I realized degree high of functionality that has EA, wanted to begin to model in he himself, but I have a doubt, I see that in the example they do not make Model of cases of use of the business, and what the model makes conceptual, my question is this make it to simplify or simply the previous thing is not made
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:57:27 am by ycaballero »

thomaskilian

Re: Problems with RUP
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 11:16:56 pm »
Viva Espana,
RUP is not tool bound. It is a methodology around UML which, of course, is mostly being used together with Rationals products. However, it is well possible to use RUP together with EA or any other UML tool, or simply a whiteboard).

Maybe you should get some assistance in formulating your question in a more proper English?

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:33:18 am »
And to be picky, UP is the methodology. RUP is an implementation of said methodology.
No, you can't have it!

thomaskilian

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:59:05 pm »
Sometime brands are used as synonym to the product  :-[

M1ke

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 11:18:27 am »
ycaballero,

I think you are asking if it's possible to create business use cases (as opposed to system use cases) in EA. Business use cases are normally associated with RUP, but like Thomas was saying, you can use any UML tool (such as EA) to do this. Just use UML stereotypes on your use cases and actors.

Mike.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 02:23:11 pm »
Note that EA has some (limited, but usable) support for stereotyped elements to support (R)UP. In particular, these seem to be concentrated in the areas you would want for business use cases.

To start you off, check the HTML help for the topic "Business Modeling Stereotypes 1" (without the quotes). BTW, that's the way the topic is written in the index (with the trailing numeral), although the topic does not have the numeral in the text).
No, you can't have it!