Author Topic: mass aggregation  (Read 745 times)

Go_interactive

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
mass aggregation
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:00:24 am »
HI
I Wounder how I can make aggregation with many requiremnets to a top requriment( 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ... to 1)  in A smart way. Now I have to make the aggreation one at time.  If posible I would do this when I import the requirement.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:00:46 am by Go_interactive »

thomaskilian

Re: mass aggregation
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:44:39 am »
Read about the Relationship Matrix

sargasso

• EA Practitioner
  • 10 COMFROM 30; 20 HALT; 30 ONSUB(50,90,10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:53:16 am »
Apart from my momentary nausea initially invoked by the concept of automatically induced heirarchical requirements....

Let me add this.

Although TK is (as usual) right, I reckon that "this way lies madness".

A requirement is a reqirement is a requirement .. etc

From the point of view of 15 years as a system tester, any "parent" requirement is immediately overidden, or at least subsumed by its' children.  There is no, I repeat, no point in producing heirarchical requirement structures other than to prove to someone who cannot implement systems that their incomplete and anachronistic view of the world is incomplete.  Further, there are no, repeat no, dependancies between requirements ... unless they are ill formed ... I'll leave that at an exercise for the reader.

A final plea, before they commit me finally ...

To all requirement writers,

ESCHEW OBSFURCATION, (please).  Do not, do not, do not try to produce heirarchically structured requirements.  

(The nice lady with the hot chocolate is calling me now, I must away..............)

regards

bruce

and you thought I'd stopped raving  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:53:46 am by sargasso »
"It is not so expressed, but what of that?
'Twere good you do so much for charity."

Oh I forgot, we aren't doing him are we.

thomaskilian

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:16:23 am »
No, Friedrich. We knew you would not stop that ;D

However, although your point is right that you should not START creating hierarchical requirements, after/in between capturing you can go through the single requirements and arrange them hierarchical. This usually shows that some of the requirements are redundant/incomplete and you can use it to form them correctly.