Author Topic: How to create a view class with columns  (Read 410 times)

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to create a view class with columns
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:44:07 pm »
How can I create a database view class that displays the columns of the database view in the diagram as the database table class does.

I get the desired result optical only, if I use a table class and define all it's columns and afterwards change its stereotype to view, but doing it this way I can not add more columns later, because on the properties dialog for views there is no general tab, where to switch back the stereotype back to table for adding more comulns to display.

So how can I diagrams elements for views that dispaly the columns of the view? I need displaying views like tables with column definitions for documentation purposes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:44:32 pm by gmaass »

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a view class with columns
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:42:54 am »
Hi Maaß,

You can still add more columns to views by using the <context menu>|Attributes... item.

NOTE: if you attempt to forward engineer the view, the columns will not be used to generate the views.  They are for illustrative purposes only!  This is by arrangement with Sparx.  When EA reverse engineers a view, it does NOT create columns (at least the last time I tried).   Similarly for forward engineering, ONLY the view definition script is used.

Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
Helsinki Principle Rules!