Author Topic: C# - Visual Studio 2008 - .Net >=3.0  (Read 1163 times)

Detlef

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
C# - Visual Studio 2008 - .Net >=3.0
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:26:59 pm »
Has anyone used the Round-Trip-Engineering functionality with Visual Studio 2008 C# and .Net 3.0 or 3.5? Is it possible to generate Code for a .Net 3.0 or 3.5 project and reverse engineer it later on?

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: C# - Visual Studio 2008 - .Net >=3.0
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:32 am »
A while ago one of the Sparxians indicated that some (unspecified) support for new C# features would be in EA 7.5. No other details were provided. ETA for the beta of EA 7.5 is not specified, but it should be soon. My (unsupported) guess is that the product will deliver to production sometime late Q1 or early Q2 2009.

There is supposed to be support for VS 2008 in the most recent MDG products (for VS that is). I have not tried them, so cannot say what this entails. My gut feel is that you should wait for EA 7.5, but you might want to try the evaluation version of the MDG product in the meantime.

David
No, you can't have it!

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 08:17:30 am »
For the language extensions in C# 3, you can contact Sparx Support and get an MDG technology that will support them for until 7.5 comes around.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

Kevin G. Watson

• EA User
  • I love EVERYTHING including Microsoft
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:54:07 pm »
and if ya a registered user, then there is the new release (7.5 Beta) which brings C# 3 language constructs... yummie stuff indeed ( :-? if ya not registered, perhaps cos ya thought EA lacked State, Activity and Sequence code generating or poor BPML ... ya have to wait a bit till it released into the wild )

Kevin

bioform

• EA User
  • Forty-Two?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:50:25 am »
I will be installing VS2008 (C#) in a couple of weeks on my laptop to use with add-in development for EA (Running Beta 2), Kevin or Midnight have any words of wizdom for me?

I'm a programming hack not a production jockey, and sometimes prototype ideas to show proof-of-concepts for the real professionals to develop.

My intent is to both develop add-in(s) to support my requirement engineering approach and to understand how I can better understand some of the model/development features of EA.

David
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once, Space is what keeps it all from happening to you. <unknown>