Author Topic: Multiple entries in UML types list  (Read 321 times)

Alessandro_C

• EA Novice
  • ASL forever
    • View Profile
Multiple entries in UML types list
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:42:38 am »
Hi all

I'm using EA7.5 Corporate Edition. Through the Settings/UML Types panel I've simply defined a new stereotype, time, to be applied to actor elements; and I've linked a image (wmf) depicting a chronograph. This operation adds two entries in the list. After this operation, then, there are three "time" entries: one is preexisting, keyed to guielement elements; and two more are now visible to be applied to actor elements. Both of the latter ones have the very same icon, the chronograph above.
Repeating this operation obtains the very same results (adding two items in the list instead of only one).

At first, apart from considering it a weird behaviour, I did not find any problems with it. I'm writing here because, instead, it seems that this duplication impairs the Data Management/Project Transfer functionality: it finds errors in the model because it finds duplicated keyes on display elements.

The question is: how can I remove the double entries? Or, at least, how can I add (stereotypes and) icons to stereotypes without having this strange behavior?

Thank you in advance!
Alessandro

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:44:19 am by Alessandro_C »

Alessandro_C

• EA Novice
  • ASL forever
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple entries in UML types list
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 05:00:08 am »
I have to partially amend what I've written above. But the substance is not different.
I first gave the stereotype "time" to one actor in the model and I used it in some diagrams.
Then I decided to assign an image to that stereotype. So I choosed it in the list of UML Types and I assigned to it the icon. This operation, instead of adding the icon to the existing stereotype, added a duplicated stereotype for the same base class (actor) giving to both the new icon.
Is there any way to amend it without resorting to clean the actors by the assigned stereotypes, deleting the duplicated stereotypes and then assigning again to the actors?

Thank you in advance.
Alessandro