Author Topic: Activity Diagram and Parameters  (Read 1386 times)

mvinca

• EA User
    • View Profile
Activity Diagram and Parameters
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:44 pm »
I have an activity with some parameters that is included in a higher level activity. When I describe the lower level activity in its own diagram, I need to link those parameters to action pins on actions within the activity. But I can't figure out how to show the parameters on the diagram frame. How do I do this? If I drag the parameters to the diagram, I get a complaint about needing the parent element. But the diagram is the parent element!

mvinca

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Activity Diagram and Parameters
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:37:43 am »
bump  ::)

beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 06:10:44 pm »
Drag the parent on the diagram. Enlarge it so it covers everything.

b.

mvinca

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:46:18 pm »
Unfortunately, that is what I've been doing. It is, however, very different than the diagram edge.

beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 12:57:10 am »
Probably not. The diagram is NOT the parent. It is a diagram. Take the parent element and drag it explicitly onto this diagram.

b.

mvinca

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 01:15:40 am »
I already said that is what I am doing. But that is the work around.

The diagram isn't the parent as far as EA's implementation goes, but the diagram explicitly exists because this Activity is a composite and you need to describe what is inside this activity. So yes, my statement that the diagram is the parent element was too strong. I should have said the diagram represents the parent element. But the point is the same.

beginner

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 02:01:59 am »
Mis-mis-understanding. However, I don't think this is a workaround. I've seen it this way in many places. So it's probably the way to do it. I might be wrong, though.

b.