Author Topic: <<signal>> in EA  (Read 554 times)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
<<signal>> in EA
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:51:46 am »
I'm trying to model a group of signals that will inherit from a primary signal type, however, it doesn't seem that signals in EA have structural properties (as a block would).

So should I just treat signals as I would in UML (that is, given them attributes) or is there some other way to assign value properties to signals? I've made BDDs using composition between a signal and various Properties, but I can't seem to find a way to verify that the signal has those properties (or that they are being inherited by the specialization signals).

Helmut Ortmann

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: <<signal>> in EA
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:19:45 am »
Hi,

you can add attributes to <<signals>> in UML as well as in SysML.

Just type F9 when your block is selected. Make sure that you see attributes (Diagram properties).

By the way: What do you mean by Properties? Author and so or just Attributes.

Inheritance should work in SysML as in UML. I haven't seen any difference.

Helmut
Coaching, Training, Workshop (Addins: hoTools, Search&Replace, LineStyle)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: <<signal>> in EA
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:28:25 am »
When I talk about properties I'm referring to the discussion in my thread below about Inheritance. I was trying to assign attributes to SysML blocks and have them inherited by specializations, but KP reminded me that SysML blocks don't have attributes, they have properties (parts, values, constraints, references).

So I've been using Properties and Composition to assign values to blocks, which I have gotten to be inherited, which is good.

Thanks for the help!  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:29:06 am by jplusip »