Author Topic: Multiple Inheritance Problem when parsing methods  (Read 928 times)

QuarksUndCo

• EA Novice
  • Think easy
    • View Profile
Multiple Inheritance Problem when parsing methods
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:50:18 am »
Hi all,

I do not know if this is a bug of EA but it seams like one.
Problem is, when parsing the UML model with the following code, not all methods will returned in the collection, specially the MI one.
c# code sample:
foreach (Method oMethod in oClass.MethodsEx)
{
//... do something with...
oMethod.Name
}
If multiple inheritance is used, and each superclass of oClass defines a method with same methodname, possibly different parameters, only one method of a superclass is returned in the collection.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Inheritance Problem when parsing meth
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:03:32 am »
Hi Wolfgang,

One would really expect all methods would be returned with an inheritance path, which would (help) make them unique within the collection.

It does sound like a bug in the MethodsEx. Whether the problem is in how the collection is formed or parsed is unimportant, the problem needs to be resolved - or the intended usage documented.

The good news is that Sparx treats these seriously, and generally gets them resolved promptly.

Please submit a bug report to Sparx. Use the Report a Bug link below the Support link at the bottom of any forum page. A best practice we use for bug reports and feature requests is to quote the title and URL of the associated forum thread (this one in the current case). This helps Sparx participate in any discussion.

Please post back to let us know if you hear anything from Sparx on this.

David
No, you can't have it!

QuarksUndCo

• EA Novice
  • Think easy
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Inheritance Problem when parsing meth
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:22:46 am »
Hi David,

I have posted the issue as a bug report to Sparx Systems.
And now I have received an answer from Sparx.
>>
Hello Wolfgang,

Just a quick note to advise that the issue logged regarding the automation interface incorrectly populating the MethodsEx collection has been resolved. The fix should appear in the next upcoming release of Enterprise Architect.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to email me!

Best Regards,

Michael Fraser
Sparx Systems Pty Ltd
support@sparxsystems.com
http://www.sparxsystems.com
<<