Author Topic: Determine sequence of elements in XSD  (Read 107 times)

Bertin

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Determine sequence of elements in XSD
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:23:24 pm »
Hi
(This is my first post in this forum, so brar with me if the question has been asked already. I would be grateful for the link to the answer.) I have also opened a trouble ticket and will let interested people know about the answer)

Here is my problem: we use EA (7.5 build 847) to define Services. We create XSDschema's and WSDLnamespaces. From the XSDschema's we generate java classes and Cobol copybooks. It seems tha when we compose Complex Types and add Simple Types to it, the [highlight]sequence of the elements in the generated XML schema is rather random [/highlight](sometimes determined by the sequence in which the elements were added) and not the one that is defined via the project Browser.

Does anybody know how I can influence it?
Thanks

Bertin

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Determine sequence of elements in XSD
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:39:55 pm »
 response to my post has been overwelming ... ;D either you don't have the problem or nobody has found a solution.
For the second possibility I want to contribute the solutions (!) (or way out) that I have found:

A) you can create a tag position to each simple type under a complex type and hope it will work, when you create the code.

B) For each complex type you add elements to it by dragging Elements from the "XML Schema" tool onto the complex type.
In the XSD element properties Window you can either specify the type as string, int etc. or select the classifier by clicking on the "..." button"
Under the tagged values for that element you will find the position tag, that allows to specify the sequence.
Of course you can also XSD elements that represent links to other complex types, that results in an association.

I hope this helps
Bertin