Author Topic: URGENT:  "Imports/Headers" size limit  (Read 466 times)

EricP

• EA User
    • View Profile
URGENT:  "Imports/Headers" size limit
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:06:46 am »
When generating code from a class in a class diagram, there are two text boxes  labeled "Import(s) / Header(s)".  These text boxes hold text that is included  at the beginning of the .h file (first text box) or the .cpp file (second text  box) that is generated from the class.

There appears to be a hard limit of somewhere between 28,000 and 31,000 characters of  text that can be placed in either of those boxes.  THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM!  We use those boxes to store code that can not be included in any class, in particular large table initializations for our mostly table-driven software.  These have to be stored in the model so that they can be generated with the other code... and they can not be stored in the model with this apparent size limitation.

Please advise how I can get around this... thanks... this is urgent because the problem just cropped up out of the blue when I was trying to update my model, and I can not find any documentation on this.

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re:  URGENT:  "Imports/Headers" size limit
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:53:39 am »
I believe you'll find this is a restriction from your database repository.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

EricP

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re:  URGENT:  "Imports/Headers" size limit
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:15:59 am »
I believe you'll find this is a restriction from your database repository.

Good evening, Simon.

I'm using the native EA repository, no SQL or anything.  As I recall it's Access 97, right?

No doubt I neglected to mention, but I'm using EA 7.5 build 850.