Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Topics - babdev

Pages: [1]
1
Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools / Creating a profile
« on: July 07, 2017, 12:20:48 am »
Hi

After creating a new model using the Basic Template in MDG Technology Builder I'm trying to generate the profile XML files. The examples say to "Export your Profile by right-clicking the parent Package of this Diagram in the Project Browser and select 'Save Package as UML Profile...'" but I can't find this option in EA13. I've found it in EA12, under the Advanced... option. Does anyone know where to find it in EA13 or is there a different way of doing it?

Thanks

2
Hi

I'm trying to access details of messages on links between objects on communication diagrams through the scripting interface. My assumption is that the messages, and their ordering, are a property of the diagram rather than the relationships between the elements. I was expecting to find a property or collection of properties holding these details on the DiagramLinks class, but can't see one. Wondering if I've misunderstood this and I'm looking in the wrong place.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated  :)

3
General Board / Memo type tagged value isn't displayed on diagrams
« on: June 26, 2017, 07:25:01 pm »
I've been using the memo type of tagged value recently which allows you to use more characters than the standard tagged value, but I've noticed that if you make tagged values visible on elements (I'm using this for Requirements) on a diagram the value is shown as '<memo>'. Is there any way to make it show the actual value of the tagged value rather than '<memo>'?

Thanks

4
General Board / Migrating from v12 to v13
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:55:18 am »
Hi

Just wondered if there's a guide to show where menu items in v12 are now located in v13? Finding it rather painful moving between the two versions right now  :-\

Thanks

Mike

5
Hi

Do you have any plans for IPV6 support for licence server? (or maybe you've already done it but we don't have the latest version?).

The lack of IPV6 is causing us problems.

Thanks

Mike

6
Hi

I am currently documenting an existing database schema in EA where some of the relationships between tables are not enforced in the schema, they are instead enforced in the code. The code is not documented to that level of detail so what I'd like to do is add in foreign key constraints between tables in a way that won't cause them to be included when generating DDL. In effect, I'm looking to create a pseudo foreign key that can be distinguished from a genuine foreign key in diagrams and be excluded from generated DDL. Any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Thanks

Mike

7
General Board / Displaying argument names in sequence diagrams
« on: June 23, 2016, 06:50:28 pm »
Hi

I've been trying to figure out how to display operation argument names in sequence diagrams rather than just the argument types. I have found out how to do this on a per diagram basis, i.e. Diagram Properties | Features | Show Parameter Detail, but can't figure out how to set the default behaviour for this. Is it possible to configure the default behaviour for this?

Thanks

Mike

8
General Board / How to change default colour of elements
« on: September 03, 2015, 06:53:25 pm »
Hi

We have recently changed versions of EA from 10 to 12. One of the most striking changes is that EA now uses different colours for element types. I would like the option of reverting back to the colour behaviour in version 10, is this possible? Is this a configurable setting?

Thanks

Mike

9
Bugs and Issues / Project ID appears to have changed in repository
« on: September 11, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
Hi
An odd thing occurred this morning using eaDocX with EA. When I opened a document which I had previously generated EA content in I was informed that the document had previously been opened with a different repository. The project ID shown for the current and previous repository were different but the file paths were identical with the exception that the capitalisation of one letter was different (this is on Windows file system). I continued to open the document and regenerated the content from the model. The document now doesn't contain any hyper links in the generated section of the document.

Looking through the model I can see that eaDocX was reporting this change correctly because none of the existing hyperlinks that I can find can be resolved by EA. This is very confusing as to my knowledge nothing has been done to the model that would have resulted in this. Does anyone know of any circumstances that can cause the Project ID for a repository to change? If so, is there a way to recover from this?
 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Thanks

Mike

10
Bugs and Issues / Comparing schema to DB using Database Builder
« on: August 20, 2015, 06:02:46 pm »
Hi

I'm using EA 12 and attempting to compare a database schema that I have imported to a live database using the Database Builder feature. However, when I click on the "Show Differences" option the following occurs:

  • EA (which is currently maximised) shifts slightly, up and to the left slightly which means some of the title bar is obscured
  • The mouse pointer changes to the busy state
  • Clicking anywhere on EA causes a Windows "Enterprise Architect - UML Development Tool isn't responding" message with options to restore, close or wait for response.
Just wondering whether this is a known issue or something that is caused by an issue with my local environment (Windows 7 desktop connecting to an Oracle database through ODBC).

Thanks

Mike

Pages: [1]