Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
91
Hi,

Can I ask what is the best connector type to be used from "Defect" Element to "Test Case" Element. :)

Thanks,
Jeff
92
Bugs and Issues / Re: SysML Activity Diagram Control Flow
« Last post by Dermot on July 11, 2018, 09:40:32 am »

We have created this profile already, but the XMI is too long to post here or in a PM. Contact support if you're desperate to get the old/non-conformant/bad EA functionality back.

Import that XMI into your model
Select the Package
Select Specialize > Technologies > Publish > Import UML Profile

This adds the rule to your model that Activities are valid as the source or target of a Control Flow.

To remove the added rules from your model:
Open the Resources Window (Start > Explore > Browse > Resources)
Expand the MDG Technologies item
Right click on Activity-ControlFlow
Select Remove Technology

For access to the XML file see:
Activity-controlflow.xml


We do intend posting this as a FAQ entry.
93
General Board / Re: Maintaining mapping from current to future state
« Last post by qwerty on July 11, 2018, 08:53:45 am »
BTW.: This as-is/to-be has been discussed here more than once (I know that searching for it is a PITA especially with those stop words; however, give it a try). Basically, you will find that there's no silver bullet for it. As in Dusk til Dawn try holy water and crossed shotguns.

q.
94
Bugs and Issues / Re: EA14: More archimate relationship errors ?
« Last post by matthew.james on July 11, 2018, 08:44:31 am »
Thanks for the confirmation :-)

If anyone has the latest build (1422) and can confirm that these still fail validation in that build then I wil raise a formal bug report.
Otherwise I will test once I get that build installed myself
95
General Board / Re: Visio import: Element text invisible
« Last post by Nizam on July 11, 2018, 07:40:22 am »
OK, here's some more information. I set a baseline then, using EA, I clicked on one element and deleted the stereotype of "rectangle" by backspacing the text and then clicking out of the field in the Element Properties window.

Now I ran a Baseline Compare. I wish I could post an image here but cannot. Well, the comparison said three items had changed:
- The value of stereotype in the element went from "rectangle" to null. (No surprise there)
- There was a tagged value with Name "fill" that was false in the baseline. This tagged value was deleted.
- There was a tagged value with Name "nameVisible" that was also false in the baseline. This tagged value had also been deleted.

Knowing this, I executed SQL to do make the exact same changes to another element. The result in the appearance of the diagram was no change. The stereotype for the element I tried to change using SQL still said "rectangle", so clearly the field t_object.stereotype is not the authority for this property. Where is this data hidden?

Quite a puzzle.

Bill

I'd again suggest trying using a script to modifying a few elements, and see if that helps. There are items in StyleEx field, PData, XRef, object properties  and many other places that EA could use to infer appearance
96
Bugs and Issues / Re: EA14: More archimate relationship errors ?
« Last post by Glassboy on July 11, 2018, 07:23:18 am »
Can anyone confirm the same behaviour and / or convince me that they are actually invalid ?

They're all valid realisation relationships.
97
General Board / Re: Maintaining mapping from current to future state
« Last post by Glassboy on July 11, 2018, 07:15:33 am »
Kurt was Last Active: 2009-07-09.  If there is something you want to discuss, start your own thread with your own question in it rather than creating zombies.
98
General Board / Re: Visio import: Element text invisible
« Last post by qwerty on July 11, 2018, 06:24:29 am »
To post an image place it on a public server and use the reference.

q.
99
General Board / Re: Visio import: Element text invisible
« Last post by bholtzman on July 11, 2018, 05:47:40 am »
OK, here's some more information. I set a baseline then, using EA, I clicked on one element and deleted the stereotype of "rectangle" by backspacing the text and then clicking out of the field in the Element Properties window.

Now I ran a Baseline Compare. I wish I could post an image here but cannot. Well, the comparison said three items had changed:
- The value of stereotype in the element went from "rectangle" to null. (No surprise there)
- There was a tagged value with Name "fill" that was false in the baseline. This tagged value was deleted.
- There was a tagged value with Name "nameVisible" that was also false in the baseline. This tagged value had also been deleted.

Knowing this, I executed SQL to do make the exact same changes to another element. The result in the appearance of the diagram was no change. The stereotype for the element I tried to change using SQL still said "rectangle", so clearly the field t_object.stereotype is not the authority for this property. Where is this data hidden?

Quite a puzzle.

Bill
100
Thanks regarding the script location.

The code for invocation of the template is

' actual RTF generation for one requirement and a given template
function documentReq(docGenerator, req, template)
    dim reqSuccess

   Session.Output "template name: """ & template & """"
   reqSuccess = docGenerator.DocumentElement(req.ElementID, 1, template)
    if reqSuccess then
        Session.Output "Requirement """ & req.Name & """ successfully evaluated"
    else
        ReportWarning "Error evaluating requirement """ & req.Name & """, (ID: " & req.ElementID & "): "  & docGenerator.GetLastError()
    end if
   
   documentReq = reqSuccess
end function

Of course "template" was initialised before correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]