Author Topic: "delete" connectors  (Read 6335 times)

sl@sh

• EA User
    • View Profile
"delete" connectors
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:03:38 am »
What I would ask for is:

1. please rename any "delete" option to "hide", if the actual purpose is to hide an element in a diagram instead of destroying it. Example: the "delete" option in the diagram context menu for any object or connector. Counter Example: the "delete" option for any obejct within the process browser will actually destroy that object - after an explicit confirmation!

2. please provide a diagram context menu entry to actually and irrevokably destroy a connector (or other objects for that matter - however, since connectors are not shown in the project browser there is currently no easy way to get rid of them, even the Edit->Delete Selected Element(s) menu entry is disabled!)

3. please consider to provide the UNDO functionality for the purpose of deleting newly created objects (especially connectors!).

As an aside: I am referring to connectors mostly, there might be other diagram elements with the same problems however (i. e. no easy way to delete) that I am currently not aware of. Therefore it would be nice to make this a feature applicable to all diagram objects, not only one basic type.

peter.zrnko

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: "delete" connectors
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:46:31 am »
I agree with you - delete and hide are different functions and  mixing them lead to confusion.

Ctrl+Delete - delete (not hide but delete) everywhere. I'm use this shortcut.
Peter

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 03:13:11 am »
[size=13]Delete vs Destroy vs Remove[/size] may be of relevance...  If so, you might want to add to that topic...

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

sl@sh

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 04:56:29 am »
Well, halfway it is, so I added to the topic.

My concern about the ability to destroy (using your terminology) connectors without the need to navigate through a set of dialogs for each of them is sth different though.

Also I don't understand why it's impossible to "undo" a newly created object.