Author Topic: Cannot hide type name of custom profile objects  (Read 3083 times)

progress

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Cannot hide type name of custom profile objects
« on: September 14, 2016, 05:42:30 pm »
Hi,

My goal is to use existing uml models from the standard archimate and extend them so that I can add additional attributes that are specific to my current project.
I have created a profile and used metaclass options. Result I have a custom profile where I extend the object "Archimate2 Appplicationcomponent" into my own extention "MyApplication". I add some extra attributes to "MyApplication".
So far so good.
Then I want to start using  this new object "MyApplication" to define one of my applications, "Application1".
I drag the "MyApplication" object from the profile folder on to one of my diagrams. I select drop as "Instance object". This works fine.
The only problem I have is that all there objects have the naming for example "Application1:MyApplication". I can't find a way yo hide this typename (in this case :MyApplication).

So my question is; is it possible to hide the :typename? Or did I setup my customisation in the wrong way?
Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Cannot hide type name of custom profile objects
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:24:56 pm »
Have you made a schapescript for the instance of your MyApplication?
That shapescript can be different from the shapescript of your main stereotype.

I think if you do define your own shapescript you will be able to suppress the typename.

Geert

progress

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:46:46 am »

Thanks for the help! I have added a shapescript and was able to supress the typename as you suggested.

One more question however. As I want to extend the existing object ArchiMate_Network (profile=archimate, stereotype=ArchiMate_Network),
I wanted to lookup the shapescript of the archimate components. It is a bit confusing when I go to project > settings > UML type does not contain the archimate objects.
I wanted to export the existing shapescript of the ArchiMate_Network component because I want to also include the newtwork icon as provided in archimate toolbox.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 06:22:32 am »
Geert has also published all those shape scripts: https://bellekens.com/tag/shapescript/

q.