Author Topic: ArchiMate 3 and Aggregation/Composition nesting  (Read 71 times)

Eamonn John Casey

• EA User
    • View Profile
ArchiMate 3 and Aggregation/Composition nesting
« on: November 14, 2017, 06:04:46 pm »
Hi!
I have noticed an issue With some elements in the ArchiMate 3 MDG when using Aggregation\Composition and Nesting. In some elements (Application Component) when putting one element inside the other the relationship should hide but it doesn't. Trying the same With elements in Stretagy or Motivation seems to work. The relationship hides when the elements are nested.
Eamonn J.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: ArchiMate 3 and Aggregation/Composition nesting
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:44:25 pm »
I can't speak much for Archimate, but this looks like you should send a bug report.

q.

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: ArchiMate 3 and Aggregation/Composition nesting
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:03:40 am »
I have noticed an issue With some elements in the ArchiMate 3 MDG when using Aggregation\Composition and Nesting. In some elements (Application Component) when putting one element inside the other the relationship should hide but it doesn't. Trying the same With elements in Stretagy or Motivation seems to work. The relationship hides when the elements are nested.

I'm pretty sure I've noticed the same bug myself with the business layer, and had a recollection it all works fine in Archimate 2.  I haven't had a chance to do some testing and log a bug report though.