Author Topic: Profile Redefinition of definend MDG to remove Tagged Value  (Read 739 times)

Pegasus

• EA User
    • View Profile
Profile Redefinition of definend MDG to remove Tagged Value
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:31:09 pm »
Hello,

referring to http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.5/modeling_tools/redefine_ster_other_prof.html I want to redefine SysML1.4::extendedRequirement the way that a tagged value "ASIL" is added and the two tagged values "risk" and "source" are removed. This redefined extendedRequirement expected to influence the origin toolbox extendedRequirements and is the base for deriving self-defined kinds of requirement. I did describe this redefinitions in profile (based on MDG-Template), saved it as profile and do import it as UML-Proifle. I see my own requirement and it contains the new tagged value "ASIL", but the removed "risk" and "source" too. And this isn't, what I did expect. Additionaly using extendedRequirement from toolbox nothing changed (looks like not redefined).
if I do have a look inside the saved profile-xml file I see following sequence that seems to be ok with regard of target to add ASIL but remove the unwanted tagged values (->Properties?):
<Stereotype name="extendedRequirement" notes="" cx="0" cy="0" generalizes="SysML1.4::extendedRequirement" baseStereotypes="SysML1.4::extendedRequirement" redefines="SysML1.4::extendedRequirement">
            <TaggedValues>
               <Tag name="ASIL" type="" description="" unit="" values="" default=""/>
            </TaggedValues>
            <RemovedProperties>
               <RemovedProperty name="source" description=""/>
               <RemovedProperty name="risk" description=""/>
            </RemovedProperties>
         </Stereotype>

Does anyone can explain where I am wrong or is the behavior caused by not deploying the redefinition as MDG?

Thanks in advance
"Pegasus"

Nizam

• EA User
  • Model Sharing - Simplified
    • View Profile
    • Professional Model Collaboration
Re: Profile Redefinition of definend MDG to remove Tagged Value
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:24:54 am »
Can you try a different name for your stereo and using that item from the UML profile.

Below works for me
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<UMLProfile profiletype="uml2">
   <Documentation id="0AA7F976-6" name="Sysml" version="1.0" notes="Sysml"/>
   <Content>
      <Stereotypes>
         <Stereotype name="myreq" metatype="myreq" notes="" cx="117" cy="79" bgcolor="-1" fontcolor="-1" bordercolor="-1" borderwidth="-1" hideicon="0" generalizes="SysML1.4::extendedRequirement" baseStereotypes="SysML1.4::extendedRequirement" redefines="SysML1.4::extendedRequirement">
            <AppliesTo>
               <Apply type="Requirement"/>
            </AppliesTo>
            <TaggedValues>
               <Tag name="ASIL" type="" description="" unit="" values="" default=""/>
            </TaggedValues>            
            <RemovedProperties>
               <RemovedProperty name="risk" description=""/>
            </RemovedProperties>
         </Stereotype>
      </Stereotypes>
      <TaggedValueTypes/>
   </Content>
</UMLProfile>

EDIT - This could also be a version issue, i'm using 13.1 and the removed seem to work just fine
Nizam