EA's Revision History Version 6.1
This section provides a history of the features of EA version 6.1, for the following builds:
For information relating to the history of other versions, select a version below.
Changes and fixes for Build 792
- Changed code generation to omit package names containing spaces.
- RTF generator correctly includes scenerio elements when generating a Single element.
- Added Alias and Type Fields for External Requirements when generating RTF documentation.
- Exclude from RTF Report option correctly excludes only that package.
- Improved diagram loading speed over slow connections.
- Improved parsing of VB.Net array expressions.
- Improved parsing of C++ floating point expressions.
- Changed XSD and WSDL transformations to no longer update class names.
- Resolved issue that could cause a crash when dragging items from the project view.
- Improvement of "Get Latest" using SCC, to better handle case where it is unknown whether to expect an update.
- Resolved issue that prevented embedded elements from being dropped onto a locked parent in an unlocked diagram.
Changes and fixes for Build 791
- Corrected issue where RTF documents would fail to render correctly when Language Substitution was enabled
- Resolved saving long object scenarios and correct scenario changes on Oracle.
- Modified XMI importer to ensure that packages imported using "Strip GUIDs" are also stripped of Version Control settings.
- DDL generation of stored procedures - corrected missing CREATE PROCEDURE statement when there was nothing in the Note field.
- Corrected validation of association classes.
- Corrected validation of CallOperationAction elements.
- Resolved issue of EOF/BOF error message when generating rtf document.
- Added default server connection name when creating a new connection.
- Corrected issue with Japanese MySQL repository users.
- Generate DDL - added index name to MySQL indexes.
- Improved SCC version of "Get Latest" - now checks whether update has occurred before attempting import.
- Modified SCC version of "File History" to prevent import of previous revision when package is currently checked-out.
- Added version control command "Check In Branch".
- Modified "Delete Package" function, to disallow deletion when selected package contains checked-out, version controlled child packages.
- Generate DDL - resolved missing identity datatype for SQL Server.
- Corrected order in which columns are added to constraints.
- When generating HTML Report Polish characters now display correctly when using a JET 4.0 database.
- Changed default Package, Element and Diagram ordering, in RTF reports, to Tree Order
- Resolved missing FK links when importing tables where one table is named "Object".
- Added handling of multiplicity to attribute inplace editor.
- Modified display of abstract operations for C++ classes.
- Added handling of more language constructs for Actionscript, C#, C++ (.Net), Delphi, Java, and VB.
- Improved handling of indenting in Python parser.
- Improved generation of VB.Net interfaces.
- Resolved issue with generation of duplicate attributes from associations in C++ and Delphi.
Changes and fixes for Build 790
- Disallowed automatic creation of windows reserved filenames in code engineering.
- Modified C++ parsing of static properties and friend functions.
- Resolved issue reverse engineering C++ pure virtual methods.
- Fixed generation of C++ anonymous enumerations and stopped them being synchronized.
- Modified .Net disassembly import to handle static properties.
- Added round trip of Actionscript class scope, rest parameters, prototype attributes and literal methods.
- Added parsing of * syntax for Actionscript untyped variables.
- Modified "Package Control" menu to ensure that "Get Package" is disabled when selected package is checked-in.
- Improved processing of Subversion status results, when long usernames are involved.
- Modified the Get Package command for Subversion, to handle localized Subversion output.
- Modified hyperlinks in the Help Menu, to overcome problem of some browsers not being able to open the URL's.
- Modified the Configure Version Control dialog, to prevent problems when attempting to disconnect from invalid configurations.
- Fixed crash when generating an RTF document on a large project.
- Fixed RTF bookmarks not displaying correctly.
- Resolved issue where new classes exported using MDG Link for Visual Studio would not successfully complete.
- Resolved issue where importing classes using MDG Link for Visual Studio would duplicate pre-imported classes.
- Resolved issue of missing tagged values at connector ends during an XMI import.
- Ctrl+Alt+M now always behaves appropriately to the Project View's selection.
- MiscData() automation calls now accessible through the dispatch interface (i.e. scripting languages).
- Disabled menu item "Add Model from Pattern", for packages that are locked.
- Implemented Automation method Repository.ShowInProjectView()
Changes and fixes for Build 789
- Improved handling of relocated packages, diagrams, objects, connectors and features on XMI import (including version controlled packages).
- Improved XMI import when using the "Strip GUIDS" option
- Improved handling of an attempt to create an invalid link, the quicklinker menu is now shown instead of the "invalid uml syntax" message.
- Corrected issues where elements with linked documents would misbehave when placed under version control or in a locked state.
- Added packageNotes macro to code template framework.
- Changed default state action types to "entry", "exit" and "do" for UML 2.0 compliance.
- Improved ODBC import of SQL Server stored procedures.
- Added ability to edit Connector properties from Element dialog - Link page
- Prevented DDL generation of triggers when Create Trigger checkbox is cleared.
- Generate SQL Server stored procedures - removed parameter brackets if no parameters to generate.
- Automation change - property assignment fixed for EA.Connector.SupplierEnd.Stereotype
- Automation change - EA.Package.FindObject() now explicitly excludes Diagrams
- Added ActionScript 3 support.
- Improved parsing of C++ function pointers, delegates and parameters.
- Added support for C++ methods overriden by const.
- Resolved issues with synchronisation of inner classes.
- Resolved issue with synchronisation of class notes.
- Improved transormation of complex package structures.
- Improved handling of some constructs in .Net Disassembly.
- Fixed issue drawing usecase extension points in rectangle notation.
- Interaction Fragments, Activity Partitions, and Boundary elements may now have custom background colours
- Improved handling of UTF-8 source files.
- Added support for obtaining user message when adding package to version control.
- Improved handling of reconnection to a repository following a network interruption
- Fixed issue with alternate connector notations.
- Allow elements that have an alternate image to be resized to at least the minimum image size.
- Corrected notation for abstract actors - name now uses italic font.
- Added Image command to the shape script feature to allow rendering of images defined in Settings->Images.
- Improved zoom to allow zooming to selected connector in a diagram.
- Improved the stereotype dialog to display warning if exiting without saving changes.
- Modified metamodel to allow Signal element to allow operations and attributes
- Modified Signal element to allow ownership by other elements.
- Improved processing of Subversion response in Get Package command, when long usernames are involved.
Changes and fixes for Build 788
- Improved load times for models with very large numbers of elements (greater than 250,000)
- Improved load times for models with very large packages with deep element nesting (greater than 50,000 nested elements per single package)
- Modified toolbar"UML Elements" to allow dropping element at selected location, rather than auto placement in top left corner
- Modified element multi-select menu to allow setting multiple elements as "Non-Selectable" in one step
- Added context menu option to diagram context menu to allow setting all "Non-Selectable" elements "Selectable" in one step
- Enabled actors to be set as composite elements
- Resolved issue with dropping Collaboration elements from UML Profiles
- Corrected UML syntax checking for Interaction Overview diagrams
- Updated EA type library and Interop assembly
- Updated behavior of Information Engineering connectors when multiplicity equals 1.
- Stopped creation of unexpected packages in transformations.
- Modified Package contents display in diagram to include MessageEndpoint and Final state icons
- Added MessageEndpoint and InteractionOccurence elements to list displayed in Project Tree
- Added support for generating code from self-aggregations.
- Corrected notes synchronization of VB6 classes when generating.
- Improved behavior or option to remove associations when reverse engineering.
- Improved handling of literals and arrays in VB.Net parsing.
- Improved handling of enumerations in Java parsing.
- Improved handling of enumerations, records and method pointers in Delphi parsing.
- Improved handling of forward declarations and properties in C++/CLI parsing.
- Code Template Updates:
- Updated C++ templates to handle namespace qualified types and inner classes.
Changes and fixes for Build 787
- Added the ability to forward synchronise changes in 'linked attributes'.
- Added live code generation to many connector changes.
- Improved Sequence diagram handling of InteractionFragments:
- Fragments and contained messages now move as a single block when fragment is moved
- All subsequent messages and elements are also shifted down or up to account for fragment being moved
- Lifelines now take precedence of Fragments when doing a hit-test. Z-Order is ignored
- Pressing the ALT key while moving a fragment will allow movement of fragment without moving contained messages
- Adding messages between lifelines in a fragment now allows lifelines to take precedence over Fragments despite Z-Order
- Width of Lifeline "hit test zone" reduced to allow finer selection and discrimination between lifelines and other "decorations"
- Other Sequence diagram changes:
- Message "IsReturn" now not the default for Right to Left messages (option to restore old behavior is in tools/options -> diagram/sequence)
- Return value on Message now specified with "=" instead of ":="
- Added option in Tools/Options dialog - Diagram/Sequence page to select Asynchronous as the default for new messages
- Improved Delphi parser handling of enumerations.
- Improved C++ parser handling of unicode strings
- Improved VB.Net parser to handle different inheritance syntax.
- Improved the comment handling in parser for multiple languages.
- Expanded list of element types which have shape script decoration support.
- Enabled resizing of profile elements with a default size specification.
- Zooming the diagram view will now center on the current selection.
- Included Up/Down buttons for Attribute and Operation dialogs, by default.
- Improved handling of context when using inplace editor.
- Added the ability to drag-drop items in the Project Browser as hyperlinks in Model Documents
- Added new Document section to RTF templates to allow documentation of various package data.
- Some minor tweaks to the drawing of connector arrow-heads
- Resolved issue with custom transformations not working on SQL server.
- Improved handling of package transformation.
- Changed "Bookmark Element" keyboard accelerator from Alt+Space to Shift+Space (Change takes effect after using : Tools | Customize | Keyboard | Reset All)
- Code Template Updates:
- Added support for generating the static keyword from a static to to the C# Class Declaration template.
- Actionscript Operation and Operation Body templates modified to handle interface operations.
- Actionscript Import template modified to allow generation in more circumstances.
- Improved representation of iterations in sequence diagrams generated by debugger.
- Redesign of breakpoint binding to accomodate late-bound modules.
- Breakpoints now associated with project view, to permit multiple views to have same debug command.
- Stack Trace History collected by debugger to build sequence diagrams can now be saved to html, using additional toolbar button.
Changes and fixes for Build 786
- Improved handling of UNC paths on Adaptive Server Anywhere repository.
- Added support for datatype mapping of character field > 255 to Memo field where Access is target database.
- Ensured changes to connector tag values are propagated to shapescripts.
- Added support for Python decorators.
- Improved Delphi code parser to include parsing delphi properties containing qualified names and class references.
- Improved VB.Net code parser handling of expressions and events.
- Added support for generating both ends of bi-directional reflexive associations.
- Added handling of connector end multiplicity ordered property to transformations.
- Changed behaviour of Classifier typed tagged values to allow specification of valid types.
- Resolved issue on Oracle and PostgreSQL repositories when using QuickLinker from a BPMN element.
- Improved ShapeScript support for connector tag values.
- Improved handling of invalid filenames in code generation.
- Added support for documenting Object Run States in the RTF generator.
- Improved DDL reverse engineering of SQLServer binary/varbinary datatypes.
- Added sorting of drop table order for generating DDL for MySQL datamodel having foreign keys.
- Improved support of SQL Server 2005 database reverse engineering.
- Resolved different version issues when reverse engineering MySQL databases.
- Added "Use <database" clause for generating ASA DDL generation..
- Corrected primary key column generation for ASA DDL generation.
- Improved handling of comments for ASA DDL generation.
- Changed generated DDL for SQL Server script to use table alias when dropping foerign keys.
- Ensured new UML Profiled elements added to diagram display their tagged values immediately
- Ensured new UML Profile connectors added with Quick Linker show their tagged values immediately
- Improved usability of the project security "lock to edit" mode, when combined with version controlled packages.
- Ensure that current user's permissions are reloaded after making changes to user permissions or group permissions/memberships.
- Resolved issue with saving version control configuration when using replicated EAP file.
- Resolved issue with drop menus on Project Browser toolbar
- Added option to "Copy a Base Project" to Start Page.
Changes and fixes for Build 785
- New Model Wizard
- Range of Model Patterns to select from when creating a new model
- Kick-start development and modeling with pre-defined "starter" packages and views
- Patterns included for general use as well as Iconix and UP (Unified Process))
- Supplied patterns can be modified and supplemented by the end user
- New Quicklink Technology
- New diagram behavior supports rapid creation of correct models
- New user interface functionality to quickly draw new links "in place" with simple mouse clicks
- Ability to generate new elements and links concurrently
- Quicklinking is completely context sensitive and provides only "legal" UML connectivity options to speed development
- Quicklinking can also be integrated with UML Profiles (eg. the BPMN Profile available for the Sparx Website)
- Updated .NET and Java debugger
- Sequence Diagrams now generated for a single, user-selectable thread
- Enhanced ability to "automatically", as well as "manually" step through a running application and generate Sequence diagrams
- Automatic detection of iterative loops when generating Sequence diagrams
- New Threads pane allows easy selection and debugging of specific threads
- Support for debugging and working with .NET 2.0 executables
- Many other refinements and fixes for both .NET and Java debuggers
- MDG Integration
- Release 1.0 of the MDG Integration add-in for Visual Studio 2005 released concurrently with EA 6.1
- Provides deep integration of UML2.0 and EA's modeling capability into Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005
- New Additional UML 2.0 Elements
- Signal, CentralBufferNode, Device, ExecutionEnvironment
- Structured Activity, State Machine, MergeNode
- CommunictationPath (link)
- New Document Templates and Report Templates
- Added RTF document templates for reporting Use Case Scenarios, Diagram reports, Resource allocation, Model Glossary
- Added new document templates for linked documents such as source code reviews, test reviews and integration plans
- Linked document templates can be customised and added to by end users
- Many other enhancements and fixes, including the following:
- Generate DDL - added Oracle constraint state tags.
- Added support for C++/CLI (.NET Managed C++)via option for C++ version.
- Added Element Resource.Description field to the document generator
- Fixed issue where Help Page became hidden behind EA
- Added support for path substitution with version control.
- Fixed problems with Package Control "browse" function.
- Added support for use of sub-directories with CVS and Subversion.
- Fixed problem with packages that are checked-out-offline, being locked by version controlled parent packages.
- Disabled menu items Get Latest, Get All Latest, File History and File Properties whenever user selects "Version Control | Work Offline".
- Fixed Notes not saving correctly
- Show Behaviour check option now enables the Save button correctly.
- Fixed deleting an attribute the Get/Set properties are now being deleted.
- When copying an attribute, its Get/Set properties are now copied as well.
- Fixed creating a Stereotype Override on cancel.
- Fixed new interfaces not appearing on the Exposed Interface Dialog.
- Fixed Notes links being dropped when the diagram was copied.
- Fixed Diagrams Notes not being saved when navigating in the Project View.
- Fixed parsing issue with C++ operator () methods.
- Fixed possible crash after using Select Classifier to view class Operations.
- Fixed problems with importing some .Net 2.0 libraries.
- Fixed occasional parse errors importing Visual Basic 6 code.
- Fixed export of RTF Documents as Reference Data.
- Automation fix for EA.Repository.SaveDiagram()
- Automation fix for EA.Method.Update()
- Fixed drawing of diagram element if alternate image fails to load
- Fixed override of inherited embedded elements when sub-class is in a different package.
- Added option to rotate Fork/Join elements via their context menu.
- Added "Add from toolbox" item to the diagram context menu.
- Fixed positioning bug when resizing elements that are bound to their parents border.
- Fixed problem of version control File History dialog not showing information when only a single revision exists.
- Fixed issue where EA.Element.Abstract would be unchangeable when set to true
- Fixed issue loading defined searches where Search Names may have alternate encodings
- Fixed issue where EA freezes when using the Search & Report View in crossoveroffice 5.0
- Fixed issue where printing State and Activity elements in linux draw incorrectly.