"Administration of databases easily with the powerful UML derived
Enterprise Architect supports a range of features for the administration of databases, including the modeling of database structures, importing database structures from an existing database and the generation of DDL for the rapid creation of databases from a model.
Create Logical Data Models
With Enterprise Architect the Database Administrator can build database diagrams using the built-in UML Data Modeling Profile. This supports the definition of primary and foreign keys, cardinality, validation, triggers, constraints and indexes.
By using Enterprise Architect's DDL generation function the Database Administrator can create a DDL script for creation of the database table structure from the model. Enterprise Architect currently supports JET-based databases, DB2, InterBase, MySQL, SQL SERVER, PostgreSQL, Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere and Oracle 9i and 10g.
Reverse Engineer Database
Using an ODBC data connection the Database Administrator can import a database structure from an existing database to create a model of the database. Generating the model directly from the database allows the DBA to quickly document their work and create a diagrammatic account of a complex database through the graphical benefits of UML.
Database Engineering: Model a database, connect to live databases and more..
Watch Webinar Now
Resources for Team Modeling and DBMS Repositories for Enterprise Architect.
Enterprise Architect User Guide: Overview of Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models.
Additional User Guide Information:
- Database Engineering
- Data Modeling Overview
- Creating a Table
- Creating Columns
- Primary Key
- Foreign Key
- Generating DDL
- Data Type Conversion For a Table
- DBMS Product Conversion for a Package
- Add New Datatypes
- Import Database Schema
- Webinars: View Recorded Webinars or Register for upcoming sessions
- Demonstration Videos: Get up to speed fast with visual walk-throughs
- Tutorials: Technical overviews of UML and Enterprise Architect
- Case Studies: Read how Enterprise Architect has helped shape the world
- White Papers: An extensive repository of technical articles from Sparx Systems and Partners
- Enterprise Architect User Guide: Recently rebuilt with improved navigation and context search from Enterprise Architect
- Sparx Systems Forum: Post Questions, get tips and tricks from over 170,000 Registered Forum Members