Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
A Diagram Frame element is a rendition of a diagram dropped from the Project Browser into another diagram. It is a type of Combined Fragment with an 'Interaction Operator' ref. However, it can be created on any type of diagram, and is not created in the same way as other Combined Fragments.
When you drop the diagram from the Project Browser onto the open diagram, a dialog shows providing these options:
- 'Diagram Frame' - a Diagram Frame is inserted into the diagram, containing an image of the dropped diagram
- 'Diagram Reference' - an empty frame is inserted with the name of the dropped diagram in the frame label
- 'Hyperlink' - a diagram icon is inserted with no frame, and with the parent Package and diagram name next to it
In all three cases, the object acts as a hyperlink to the real referenced diagram. You can also define properties for the objects, as for other elements, by right-clicking on the object and selecting the element 'Properties' option.
Diagram Frame Appearance
You can change the appearance of a Diagram Frame, as for other elements, but the available options are tailored for this element type. If you right-click on the frame and select the 'Appearance | Diagram Frame Appearance' option, a sub-menu displays with these options:
- 'Normal' - the default appearance of a visible rectangular frame with a visible frame label; you can use this option to reset the appearance after using one of the other options
- 'Boundary' - hides the frame label of the Diagram Frame
- 'Boundary With Name' - hides the border of the frame label
- 'Name Only' - hides the border of the Diagram Frame and frame label, leaving the text only
- 'Hidden' - hides the border and text of the Diagram Frame