Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
BPEL Model Validation
The BPEL model is validated for both syntax and semantic errors before generating the BPEL code. Upon successful validation, the BPEL file (and the associated WSDL 1.1 files, if any) are generated. The results of the validation, as well as the progress of the BPEL generation, are displayed in the 'BPEL Progress' tab of the System Output window.
Example BPEL Model Violation
This model shows several basic BPEL violations:
- StartEvent1 is of type Signal, which cannot be mapped to BPEL
- The Message Flow connector between StartEvent1 and Activity1 is invalid, as Message Flow cannot be used to connect Activities or Events within a Process
- EndEvent1 is of type Cancel, which cannot be mapped to BPEL
- EndEvent1 cannot have any outgoing Sequence Flow connector, as it represents the end of a Process
- Activity2 is not valid, as only an End Event represents the end of a Process
- Double-click on a validation error entry in the 'BPEL Progress' tab of the System Output window to go to the source of the error in the Project Browser