Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
From Release 14.0 onwards, Enterprise Architect requires that you 'activate' the Software Version you have installed by entering a simple four-letter code confirming your right to run a specific version of Enterprise Architect. When you first run Enterprise Architect, a Version Activation window will automatically display, prompting you to activate the Software Version you have installed.
- 'Software Version' means an instance of the Enterprise Architect software, either identified by a distinct number (such as 14 or 14.1) or by its build date (such as March 2019)
- 'Software Version' is independent of and unrelated to the Edition of Enterprise Architect (such as Corporate or Ultimate)
- Version Activation does not involve or require a connection to the Internet
- Registered users with an active support and maintenance agreement can obtain a new activation code by logging in to the 'Registered Users' page of the Sparx Systems web site.
- The Version Activation Code is prominently displayed on the 'Registered Users' page
- The Version Activation Code is also delivered with your New License or Renewal Details email
- You can also obtain a Version Activation Code by clicking the 'Get a Code' link on the Version Activation window and logging in using your registered user ID and password
- Your Version Activation Code will activate all versions of the software built and released prior to and during the period of your support and maintenance agreement (either from a Renewal or a New License).
- New versions of the software released after the expiry of your support and maintenance agreement will require a new Activation Code. When you renew your support and maintenance agreement you will be entitled to download newer versions of Enterprise Architect and will be given a new Version Activation Code.
How To Activate:
- Enter your Activation Code in the appropriate field*
- Tick the checkbox to acknowledge acceptance of terms of the licence agreement
- Click on the **
* Please note that the code is not case sensitive.
** An internet connection is NOT required or used for activation