Realize an Information Flow
After you create an information Flow connector you might want to:
- Realize one or more existing flows on the Information Flow connector
- Edit an existing flow on the Information Flow connector
You might also want to create and realize information flows on a non Information Flow connector, such as a Message on a Sequence diagram. You can perform these actions using the 'Information Flows Realized' dialog, which displays all existing flows that can be realized on the selected connector.
Right-click on connector | Advanced | Information Flows Realized
Review item flows on an Information Flow Connector
Realize Information Flows on the selected connector
Select the checkbox for each required flow and click on the .
Cancel realization of a flow
Deselect the checkbox against the appropriate flow, and click on the .
Change the classifier or Information Item elements conveyed on an Information Flow
Click on the appropriate Information Item row, and on the button at the right-hand end of it.
The 'Select Classifier' dialog displays:
Click on the to return to the 'Information Flows Realized' dialog and, if required, realize the changed flow.
Create a realized information flow directly on a new connector
- If there are several Information flows and you do not realize all of them, those that are not realized are represented by a separate Information Items Conveyed iteration of the Information Flow connector; you can only realize those flows on the original connector, at which point the flow is represented on that original connector
- If you realize all of the flows, they are combined on the one connector line
- If you realize an information flow on a connector, you can use the 'Find Items Conveyed' context menu option to locate the corresponding Information Flow item in the Browser window